Sheep tracker

WannaB

So I’m tired of making a trip up to elk hunting spots only to find that sheep have moved into the area and cleared all the elk out. I’m not against grazing, and I realize it’s public land...so I was wondering if there is anyway to know where the sheep are or have been on the mountain? Are they tracked via GPS? It would be interesting/useful if you could hop online and check the sheep location prior to planning a trip. Is there anything like this out there?

If it’s public land call the local office and visit with the Range Manager. They should be able to tell you which allotments are currently being utilized.

If it’s public land call the local office and visit with the Range Manager. They should be able to tell you which allotments are currently being utilized.
How specific are they? I assume they won't know what canyon/basin there are currently grazing. If I knew they were grazing canyon "A" that day, I would choose "canyon "b" or "c" to hunt. It would just help with planning and wasted time/miles.

Most range cons will know what pasture they are grazing. Generally speaking it will be a certain drainage, ridge-line, etc.

Have you tried to contact the owner? I imagine he has a detailed plan set up for each band, local guy has it all mapped out way in advance.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom