SHEEP VIDEOS

C

cb

I'm looking for some input from you guys & gals on what do you think about the current market on sheep video's. It seems like there are hardly any out there to watch. Especially Dalls videos.

Give me your honest opion on what you what you think. Would this video sell. A video made in the NWT by a guide (high quality camera and camera work) over several years showing many great rams on guided hunts. Rams in the field and being shot. Not alot of hokey pokey reinactment or set up scenes but ALOT of great footage. He has Dalls Rams, Bighorn, Mt. Caribou and Moose. 90% of it is sheep.

Most hunts end up with a ram being shot and so your seeing the real live kill scenes. Nothing fake or enhanced. Maybe this is not good to some, I'm just telling you exactly what this footage is. There is alot of footage of camp, wolves & grizzlies too.
These are backpack hunts, so it does show some of the hardships you face on these types of hunts.

I know that I would buy a tape like this in a heartbeat but I'm kind of a sheep freak too. What do you think??? Thanks, cb

I'd buy something like that. I'm so tired of seeing canned whitetail hunts it would be cool to watch some REAL hunting. Even just watching the footage of the other animals would be neat to watch.

I am really interested in some different types of hunting videos. If your buddy has some decent footage, I'd be willing to buy a video about sheep huinting. I've got most mule deer videos on the market, and have practically worn some of them out. I heard that Bart Lancaster's video series, Canadian Wilderness and Beyond, are very good. They have one called Full Curl. I have really been thinking about picking them up. You might want to have a look at them. I heard that they are just like what you said your buddy has for footage.

Bart Lancasters series of sheep hunting videos are very well made and have lots of crisp footage of Dall's, Stone, and desert bighorn sheep. Allhorn Productions makes these videos and they are top notch in quality.

I've got Full Curl and it is good quality and harvests, Plus I've got like 6-7 other sheep only hunting video's. I really like them. If anyone wants a list of them and any phone numbers to call for more info let me know and I'll get to them and post the info here????????? Did you ever get those photo's? maybe I put them in the wrong mailbox in your cul-de-sac?

A close friend of mine has had two of his sheep hunts filmed and professionally produced by Alvey Productions and released on video cb, but I don't know how they have sold. One is a stone sheep hunt in Canada and the other is a California bighorn sheep hunt in Nevada. I have a copy of one sitting here in the house but the copy of the other one I have is lent out. Perhaps I'll send the one up to you so you can see how they handled their footage. I liked the stone sheep video the best because it showed my buddy blowing a shot on a ram, a part, because of all the razing I've given him, I'm sure he wishes they've had edited out!

Kevin, what are the names, etc of those videos and where can they be purchased. I'd like to see the Nevada one.

Hey NVBighorn, the stone sheep video my buddy is featured in is called "Grand Slam Glory; Quest For The Stone Sheep" by Jim Alvey productions. I can't recall what the name of the Nevada bighorn hunt video is called, but it is by the same outfit. I'll have to ask my buddy where to get copies of these videos, he just gives me one so I don't know where they are being marketed at. He also drew the 2002 nonresident desert bighorn tag in Nevada, so I expect he'll soon have another video out.

Yea, my buddy and I actually partnered up on our first set of hounds together back in 1982, but sheep hunting eventually became his passion while I stayed with the dogs. I do know that he's spent an obscene amount of money chasing after them damn things. :)

Kevin,

OK, I'm intrigued now. Does your friend have an Italian sounding name (ie ends in a vowel :) )? From Logan? I really don't want to post the guys name cuz I might have the wrong guy, but I did a little detective work and came up with that much. If it's the same guy, he hunted his desert sheep in a mountain range that I can see from my house and I hear he killed a pretty good ram. I also see at least one other nonresident from Utah with a desert tag. One guy with the first name and middle initial of "Kevin D". :) Not you was it? Inquiring minds...
Email me if you'd rather not post your buddies name.

Is your friend incredibly lucky or what to draw a California and desert tag as a non-resident? I have drawn both but I friggin live here and people hate me for my luck (aww, hell they hate me for other things too).

I would definitely like to have the Nevada video(s).

As for spending "an obscene amount of money chasing after them damn things" - what, and hound dogging is an inexpensive passion? :) Sheep hunting does get in the blood and I know most sheep hunters are crazy by nature, but lion hunters are friggin nuts! I just spent a few days lion hunting with my son and my buddy. We did catch a lion (after 22 hours of fun) and when we finally caught our breath at the tree my buddy asked me what I thought. My response (what is printable) was "I want the record to show that I am a SHEEP HUNTER, not a damn lion hunter!" I'll stand by that.

I would love to have a video like that...are you going to sell them?

Scott G.

Yea NVBighorn, my buddy is the one from Logan with the Italian sounding name. I haven't seen any pictures of his latest ram, but like you, I heard it was a nice one. As far as his luck in drawing tags, the only thing I can figure is that he must tape a $1000 bill to his applications, there's no way anybody can be that lucky!! :)

I don't recall ever putting in for a sheep tag anywhere, so it wasn't me that drew the other nonresident tag in Nevada.

I'll see if I can't gather up the Nevada tape I have lent out and send it to you. Well, I better be off, I have a troop of boy scouts expecting to see a lion this morning. :)

I just got Full Curl and i have to say it is a great video. It is quality footage with lots of animals. No shaky shots or staged scenes. In the video they do the whole Grand Slam. Some huge rams as well. I also got George Kluky's Mountain Goats in BC, and it is good too. The footage is little older and it has a lot of filler footage to take up space on the tape but all in all it is a good tape.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom