Sheep

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-07 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]IB you are one lucky dude, but you better start getting in shape now! I have never hunted the Escalante but I am told you are going on the most physically taxing hunt in Utah! Escalante Safaris used to be great down there, but I think they don't guide anymore. I hear Randy Johnson is great with sheep in that unit. Greg Bird also seems to always have good rams to show for his efforts. I am not sure but I think Greg works with X-treme Outfitters (Troy Justenson) Good Luck

congratulatins! That is some great country down there. I was down there in 99 and had a great time. I've been trying for that tag ever since. good luck with the hunt.
Bryan

IB,
I've hunted sheep on the Esclante, I had a tag in 2001. It is my my most memorable / rewarding hunt experience.
Randy Johnson / High Desert Wildsheep guides is your man. Randy specializes on the Esclante and as far as I know has spent more time on the unit than anybody else.
It's a scenic and can be brutal unit, It's backpack only! Water is hard to find and traversing the sandstone mazes can be impossible with out an experienced guide.
I highly recomend Randy, PM me if you need his #.

Claude Archuleta

Randy works with Bill Mamales and Brett Caldwell. You will not be disappointed. I went on a scouting trip with Brett and a friend that drew the tag in 1999. It was a great experience. Brett will work as hard as you want him to. Congrats and let us know how you do.

Ditto Randy Johnson.... no doubt Greg is terrific too...

That was my choice as well but didn't draw...bummer!

Robb

Ramslam, we would pay you to let us go with! Sure wish we knew somebody with an Escalante tag this year. Gonna suck with out a Desert sheep to hunt this fall!

ibhuntin, send me an email if you are in great shape and would be interested in doing this hunt on your own or possibly with a couple a sheep whores lookin for a escalante backpack hunt. You don't need a guide!!

Listen to what Nunya has to say here. He has a great video of Shan's hunt there and if I had the tag you had, I would be calling him and taking him up on his offer. I think it would be alot of fun to hunt with them and successful as well.
Good Luck whatever you decide to do, it will be lots of fun !!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom