Shim Williams peep

arrowone4me

Hope this message gets to txhunter 58 or anyone who might offer a solution. Back in October I believe, you stated the following to raise the peep:

"cut off a piece of a refrigerator magnet. Currently I am just shooting with the rear ghost ring because it gives me more range for different bullets and powders."

If you could elaborate a little more on that I would really appreciate it. Did you have to change out the screws for longer ones? I really could use some help with how to raise the rear peep (Williams), and where you placed the piece of magnet and did you cut to match the whole thing? Sorry to be so lost......but I really could use the help. Thank you....

I cut out the magnet to pretty closely match the bottom of the Williams peep. I think I went to a gun shop and got two screws that were just barely longer than the ones I had. But I do know that the globe site comes with a variety of screws, so some of them may have fit too, don't remember for sure.

Raising the peep was only necessary because I am using the front Tru-glo Globe fiberoptic, which is a pretty tall front sight. You can also just get a shorter regular front fiberoptic sight from T/C. With the shorter front sight, I didn't have to raise the rear sight.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Thanks much txhunter, I too am trying to use the Tru-glo front sight and I figured this was the problem I whould have. I found that out yesterday. Now I just have to see if the extra screws will work or it's off to do a screw search.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom