Shipping meat

G

gonehunting

I have some friends coming from california to elk hunt. Does anybody know any butchers in the ogden,parkcity area that does shipping and how much they charge.

Hey gone Mikes prime cut in Brigham City is pretty decent about cutting up deer and elk and are usually pretty quick about it. you would probably be looking around 200-250 bucks for an elk to be cut and probably another 75-100 bucks to ship it.

BBH

Just a guess from my days of meat cutting... For an elk you will be looking at anywhere from $175-250 but I would veture to bet that the shipping will be about twice what the cutting will be. You will most likely have to ship it 2nd day air or mayby 3day if you go UPS, but you want to make sure its frozen solid first. Even if you ship it in coolers frozen solid regular ground since you're farily close... I would put the shipping in the neighborhood of $150 or more. Good luck.

How long are they planning on staying there to hunt? If they get their game early, have it processed while you "visit" and then take it back home with them in Coolers using DRY ICE.
This works for a lot of hunters and has for a long time.

Brian

they will only be here for the weekends if they shot one the first weekend that would work.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom