shoot what you want

stonegraham

shot a lil five point last nite. I was excited and decided I wanted some meat. First deer since 07 I have harvested. Besides the spike's who's antlers I have carried on my key chain for thirteen years this is my smallest buck. I am a really picky hunter but last nite i was a meat hunter. Still as little as he was i was jacked, I love hunting. He probably doesn't score 25 Boone and Crockett inches but I walked over 2 miles in and passed him the first opportunity I had. Decided walking that far and going home with something was better than nothing. He showed up real close and I also needed to break in this virgin Muzzle loader I've had for 5 years. Maybe I wasted a tag and a future good buck in some people's eyes but I will cherish this bucks antlers, eat him for dinner, and be able to remember the first deer I ever killed while hunting alone was one hell of a chore to gut, drag out over 2 miles, skin, and quarter while hunting alone.

Trophies are not necessarily determined by antler size. My first deer was a 100 pound whitetail doe, and my first buck was a forkhorn mulie. They're both hanging on my wall with good memories.

Congrats to you!

Trophies are not necessarily determined by antler size. My first deer was a 100 pound whitetail doe, and my first buck was a forkhorn mulie. They're both hanging on my wall with good memories.

Congrats to you!
You’re correct, does and forkies are participation trophies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom