shooter moose?

Tsho86

I'm not much of a moose guy, but i got this moose on my trail cam. So what do you "moose guys" think? How wide and what score?

8121moose.jpg

Looks like that was 6 years ago so he's probably dead by now, but yeah a shooter for sure. Where was he located?

the last time i hunted provo canyon i ran into a bull really close to him. send me a pm and we can see if its the same bull.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-11 AT 04:42PM (MST)[p]That was my initial thought too Yelum! If he's not book, I would say he's close.

My understanding is that for a moose to score well, there should be at least two points per each brow...comes into play when measuring the length of palms, a most important measurement. From the pic, tough for me to tell if there are two points on the right brow. If so, yeah, i'd also say this guy "books". But if that is a single point, with a fork on the other side, all bets from me on him booking would be off but nothing can take away from the majesty of that animal. He's a Dandy!!

Joey

Joey---It looks to me like he has two on each side and the second one on the right is just longer and branches out a little more, whereas the left side is a little more of what I would call a "crabclaw".

What a nice looking rack HE would book for me . Keep shooting until he falls.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

"Joey---It looks to me like he has two on each side and..."

Seeing is just one of the things that i can't do so well anymore. :) OK, I'm in! Shoot that SOB!!

Joey

He might just break 40 inches in spread. Probably was a real honey a couple of years after that image was taken.

Based on the 38" bull my buddy shot in Idaho in 2007 while I was with him, I think this one is well into the 40s. However, the picture is a closeup and that might be affecting my estimate.

yeah it is pretty close, if you step back from your screen a couple feet and look at the pic it gives a little better perspective.

I don't think he looks very old but it is a pic at night too...definitely has more points than most moose I see and I look at tons and tons and tons of em...if I drew a tag by miracle I think I'd look for a little bigger bull, time permitting...time running out or best I had seen scouting then BOOM!! :)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

I've got a Wasatch tag for this year and I'd shoot him first light opening morning! In fact I'd camp on him.

I'd like to get another angle on him. Judging from the pic I would put him 145-155. But pics are hard. I would say low 40's, but he has a lot of points. His palms look fair, but its hard to tell the length.

I would probably tag that bull opening morning, unless I had already located one bigger.

I do think he is a pretty bull. I like those long points and prefer them over big paddles that round off on the top.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-11 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]If the date on your trail camera is correct then in 2005 I would have passed. If it was a taken in 2010 or later you might want to take the shot. I think the quality has been slipping.

I would guess that bull is around 4 years old and is + or - 43" wide.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom