Shooter or no shooter?

X

XPB

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 04:36PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 04:35?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 04:34?PM (MST)

Got two bears hitting my bait! Wahoo! What do you guys think of the bigger one? How big would you guess he is and if you think he is a shooter for the Wasatch unit? The dates and time on the camera is messed up. Bears started hitting bait Sunday April 30th.

280dane_turkey_and_bear_pic_022.jpg

3835dane_turkey_and_bear_pic_021.jpg

5479dane_turkey_and_bear_pic_020.jpg

The other small bear coming in.

2390dane_turkey_and_bear_pic_006.jpg

Anyone else having any luck on the trail cameras? Post those babies up!

Pull the trigger!!! That color phase is hard to come by. Great looking bear. Headed out in less than three weeks for a eleven day bear hunt.

That is a pretty bear. Depends on what your after. I would not pass him unless I also had a tank of a bear hitting too. Even then, Color phase bears are hard to come by. We are lucky here in Utah to have a good variety of them.

Are you sure this is not the same bear? Are the first three pictures at night or low light with a flash? Regardless, it is a beautiful bear(s). I'd be pretty excited, and would probably take him.

Thanks for the input. Heading out thursday to sit my stand. I will post pics if I arrow the big guy! Anyone have any guess on length? I was thinking around 6'?

You'll be lucky if she goes 5'6". Pretty colour phase. If that turns your crank, dump her. If you are looking for something bigger, hold your trigger finger.

>You'll be lucky if she goes
>5'6". Pretty colour phase. If
>that turns your crank, dump
>her. If you are looking
>for something bigger, hold your
>trigger finger.

I'll second that, shoot her if that's what you want.......

>>You'll be lucky if she goes
>>5'6". Pretty colour phase. If
>>that turns your crank, dump
>>her. If you are looking
>>for something bigger, hold your
>>trigger finger.
>
>I'll second that, shoot her if
>that's what you want.......

I agree. Not a big bear, but if you want one, make the call.

I think that might be the same bear? Not a mature male in either case, or it is a mature female. Really pretty though. I would give it somemore time and see what happens.

Not a shooter at this time of the season. See how pointy the ears look in picture 1, that shows the skull is not very wide across so it still has some growing up to do if that is a male. Also the belly is way up high above the ground, a shooter will have a big old swayed out belly.

I would agree with the other posters that this is the same bear in all of the photos. I would guess around 5'5" female pretty good bear most years but you happen to have a tag in what is probobly the best spring season Utah has seen in a long time. Most years you are lucky to get a bear hitting before about May 15th.

If your happy with it take it its a pretty bear, however if you are expecting something in the 6 foot range I would let her live and hope she brings in a big ole boar.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom