shooting bipods

aranda

what is the best bipod to use? something not heavy ,quick to set up,one hand adjustment. something that works on uneven ground.

we have a Bog bi-pod and looking at the same in a Tri- for my daughters antelope hunt...they work well, easy to carry, wouldn't be interested in buying the tri- if it wasn't (about $89)...so it's not too hard on the wallet...

I'm a big fan of the new, tall version of the Primos Trigger Stick (it comes in mono, bi, and tripod versions). It is a bit on the heavy side, but it is sure nice if you need to shoot sitting or standing. Most of the areas that I hunt in are areas that have tall sagebrush, and a sitting bipod doesn't work a lot of the time, so I like being able to use one bipod for both sitting and standing if necessary. The tall one also works as a decent walking stick (even thought you are advised not to use it as such by Primos). I also have a Blackhawk prone bipod attached to my rifle so I can take a prone shot if necessary, but, again, I don't end up taking many prone shots because of the terrain I hunt; I just like having it in the event the situation calls for a longer, more steady shot.

I also have a trigger stick that is a tall tripod, and it is set up with a triclawps rifle clamp for when I take a youth out hunting, and that setup works marvelously well. The tripod version also doubles as a glassing tripod if necessary as well.

Again, the trigger sticks are a bit heavy and a little on the expensive side, but they are great for uneven terrain as the legs just slide down and meet the ground at whatever angle you happen to be standing/sitting at and give you great support, which is nice if you are not great at unsupported standing or sitting shots like I am.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom