shooting huge turkeys

J

johnwayne

i have shot a 45lbs turkey with one 10" beard and a 15"
if any one has shot one like that i would like to hear about it

You've shattered the record by 8 pounds.... what farm did you shoot if off of :)

Biggest Rio was 37 pounds, biggest Eastern was 35

Biggest I've seen is 30lbs and my personel best is 20lbs. My friend has a turkey farm and he can't get them over 35.

You would have to quarter and de bone a 45 lber just to get it in the oven. I would have to see it to believe it.

Ironhead

i have about 200 hundred turkeys and i keep the big toms on full feed and then i turn them loose when they get big enought
and have people pay around $400 a day to hunt and they did not get him so i shot him the next daywhen he left.

I have never heard of a turkey that wieghs 45 pounds. I have killed some big big toms in the past three years and my best went about 24 pounds, 14 inch beard and 1 4/8 ths spurs. I would like to see a 45 pound tom. Thats like a 400 pound whitetail. SO you raise turkeys and then let them go so people can hunt them? Do they have any fear of humans? Turkey hunting is a blast but i dont see how calling in a raised tom is any fun, but as long as your making that kind of money and there is people willing to pay go for it.

later, MP

You mean you have people pay you $400 a day to shoot, not hunt, these birds. Do the people know that these are pen raised birds?

Drum

Beanman, I think you beat me to it.......I was just gunna say me purty sure me smell fish....

I'm with the rest of you. Let's see a pic of this gargantuan, boss tom!!! I am an avid turkey hunter, and the largest I've ever seen went about 26lbs. It was a really big bird from the TX panhandle region. Other than what has been said here, I've never even heard of a turkey tipping the scales at 46lbs.
Scottyboy

april 1st was last week. i've shot some big turkeys, but the only ones i've ever seen that size were in a pen. shot one that weighed 18 1/2 lbs ready to cook, so it was well over 20. a merriams. and it could stand flat footed and look you eye to eye. had to shoot it in self defense to keep it from gettin' the wife and kids. a real maneater. 4" spurs and ivory tusks. a 45 lber would keep me outta the woods. if it's pen raised that ain't no big deal. a friend had one that got so big that it broke it's one leg just walking on it. he killed it and it weighed almost 60 lbs. seems like 56. had to saw it half down the middle to cook it and it was so tough you couldn't eat it.

There's a bunch of turkeys over 45 lbs, you can find them all responding to this post.

Dang, I guess I'm one of them too!

Me thinkst John Wayne has had his nose too close to the turkey's anus.........here's his pic guys, its official, that bird goes in excess of 45 pounds.

eea2c533.jpg

Mike
at235.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom