SHOT Show Day 3

gr8fuldoug

Site Sponsor
Camera-Land-728x90-120222.gif

5c4647d73d868775d61ec26b_logo300.png

Doug from Camera Land's Day 3 SHOT Show Report

It will seem like today I was shown the way in the dark as it was a very Thermal day.

I set up some appointments with brands we have not carried so I can see about perhaps adding them to our offerings. My 1st appointment was over at N-Vision. We've been speaking since the beginning of the Summer and Tym seems like a knowledgeable guy and N-Vision seems to have some great products.
I believe we will be moving forward with N-Vision.
Tym showed me their HALO-XRF Thermal Scope - "HALO-XRF is N-Vision Optics latest groundbreaking product that combines state of the art BAE thermal imaging CORE with top customer demanded features, such as integrated laser range finder, onboard video recording, and WiFi connectivity. HALO-XRF is proudly designed and built in the USA, making it the ultimate US-made thermal scope with integrated LRF available to the hunting market."
&
NOX35 Thermal Scope - "Nox35 is a 12-micron 60 Hz small, light, and fully functional thermal weapon sight that can serve double duty as a head-mounted monocular or a scanner. When you need a thermal weapon sight that lets you move from rifle to helmet or hand-held use with ease, look no further than N-Vision Nox. This unique product is proudly designed and built in the USA, using the best commercially available 640 x 480 60 Hz BAE thermal imaging core and the highest grade optical components. Nox features a manual focus, non-rotating wide field of view 35mm F1.1 Germanium Lens to provide the best image quality in any weather conditions. Weapon and dovetail mounts are removable to reduce the unit’s size and weight to help achieve optimal NOX configuration."

Next I went to meet with Arken. I had many things to discuss with the guys here. I briefly met with one of the guys here last year. After which Arken followed up with me and we started doing business together. Lots of business together. Their scopes are excellent in their price point. They've added some good products over the past year. Their accessories are very well made and priced way below industry average. We had a very attentive representative, and that made communication easy, however, he is no longer with Arken and I've been concerned about spotty communication. Those of you who know me know that with me relationships with people is key to working with a company. Once the bean counters come in and relationships disappear it's the beginning of the end. This has happened with a few companies over the past few years and it's very sad.
I wanted to discuss communication issues that some of our customers have brought to our attention and, of course, see if they had anything new to show. I happily had what I thought was a great conversation with the head man. He explained that they are in the process of reassigning some of their existing people to make things more efficient, as well as adding new people so they'll be better equipped to handle their popularity and corresponding growth. I felt much better after our chat. Here's looking to smooth sailing and improved communication.

Next stop was with an old buddy from the industry that I have worked with many years. He's now with Armasight. We started carrying Armasight a few months ago. Armasight is top tier Nightvision & Thermal. To say I was impressed with their offerings would be an understatement. "Armasight was founded in 2011 by a small, dedicated team focused on one mission – deliver the most advanced thermal and night vision solutions for military, first responders and consumers.Today, Armasight is a widely recognized premier manufacturer of night vision and thermal optic technologies that make our customers safer and more capable through unparalleled quality, warranty and service."

The 2 units we discussed was their Sidekick 640 & Contractor 640

The Sidekick 640 - "The Sidekick 640 is the smallest fully multi-functional 12-micron 640 thermal imaging monocular on the market. This unit boasts a fast 60Hz frame rate for smooth operation and industry-best, outstanding visual acuity, based on Armasight’s Iron Wolf thermal technology platform. Weighing under 250 grams, the Sidekick can be used as a handheld mini-monocular or can be headset/helmet mounted utilizing the built-in mini-rail for hands-free operation. The high definition 1024×768 OLED display provides a crisp image, with iconography providing key information. The Sidekick utilizes simplified 3 button controls that allow for easy manipulation in the field and offers one-touch in-unit video recording to capture all of your experiences."

If you want something serious in a weapon sight their Contractor 640 is their Bread & Butter. "The Contractor Thermal Weapon Sight is built around our proprietary ArmaCORE™ 12 micron thermal core. It combines extensive detection capabilities and a rich, detailed picture with onboard image processing, wireless communication interface, GPS, and internal memory. The Contractor Thermal Weapon Sight is a premium-component build that is noticeably more compact and lighter weight than conventional thermal scopes. It provides up to four hours of continuous operation on two CR123 batteries—a 50% longer run- time based on lower power consumption as compared to similar units on the market. The Contractor series also offers another first; the turret system that enables users to navigate features, such as digital zoom, color pallet and reticles quickly and intuitively to adapt to changing conditions and environments. The units come equipped with a digital compass and inclinometer that help calculate distance, direction and angles. Like all Armasight products, the Contractor is MIL-STD compliant—allowing for reliable use in all weather conditions."

Staying in this area of optics I walked over to see Nathan over at InfiRay or maybe better known to you as iRay. "InfiRay is committed to providing global customers with professional and competitive infrared thermal imaging products and solutions. The main products include infrared detectors, thermal imaging modules, night vision thermal cameras, thermographic cameras for temperature measurement" as well as weapon sights. FWIW, my rep is a guy I have known in the industry for many years and not only is he very well versed in Thermal but he is a customer service oriented guy.

He showed me their Thermal Imaging Monocular Finder Series- FH35R V2, which according to him @ $2499.99 it's on par with the competitions $4000.00 units. "The Finder V2 takes a big leap in image quality and user experience. The thermal sensor has higher sensitivity and the objective lens is equipped with a bigger aperture. Together with inherited features, Finder V2 fits perfectly for the professional hunter, who demands excellent performance and ultra-portable design. The 12µm 640×512 thermal sensor is upgraded to higher thermal sensitivity, reaching an NETD of Sub 20mk. In combination with the enlarged F0.9 aperture which allows for more radiation, Finder V2 is able to capture perfect details in challenging conditions."

As announced a few weeks ago, we started carrying their InfiRay Outdoor AFFO AP13 Thermal Monocular - "The AFFO Series handheld thermal imaging monocular is an entry-level thermal monocular for users, featuring both a fashionable appearance and a more compact size. The AFFO Series uses a self-developed 12μm detector to produce crisp images and supports photo taking and video recording with its built-in high-speed 32GB storage capacity" Priced at only $699.00 this is a steal.

A short walk brought me over to Sightron. A very interesting company. They are, as far as I know, the only Pacific Rim sport optics brand that makes NONE of their riflescopes in China. Sightron's are made in the Philippines and Japan only. They offer everything from their entry level S1 Series, priced way below what you'd expect and less than comparable made in China offerings from competitors up through their SVIII 5-40x56 ED IR Zero Stop Series. They just announced a new S6 10-60x56 ED Field Target Riflescope. It's made in Japan, offered in both MOA & MIL.
(2) ED Glass Elements added to the new optical design
Zact-7 Revcoat Plus Multicoating Technology
ExacTrack Erector Tube System
Magnetic Wheel Bundle available
If you aren't already familiar with Sightron you should be.

Today is turning into a visit to the premium brands day as I head over to see my buddy Butch at Revic. We carry a select assortment of Revic Products. Their BR4 Rangefinder is the type of quality unit that separates Revic from other offerings. "Onboard sensors for temperature, pressure, compass, incline/decline provide enhanced ballistic solutions at the touch of a button. Both base and vector wind inputs enable quick or fine tuned wind holds."
If you prefer a rangefinder binocular than they've also got you covered with their Acura BLR10b Binocular Laser Rangefinder 10x42 with Ballistics. "A functional, intuitive design paired with unmatched laser rangefinding performance bridges the gap between size and capability. Revic's integrated state of the art ballistic solutions combined with features specifically designed for success in the field put the Acura BLR10b in a class of it's own. The Acura BLR10b incorporates our best-in-class rangefinding and ballistic technology into a sturdy, compact, ergonomic 10x42 binocular. This laser rangefinding bino features our innovative Revic Ballistic solver with advanced wind and earth based effects to provide accurate, ultra-fast corrections."

Quality, amazing fit & Finish is how I describe the line of Revic Tripods.

Remember all week we are running a SHOT Show Week Sale so if it's not marked down already call, 516-217-1000, and we will hook you up.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs.

Yesterdays shake was so good that back to Johnny Rockets I went and got a vanilla with extra whipped cream. Damn that hit the spot.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. More tomorrow, Day 3. Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug_ :)

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom