Should I have my NM Elk Tag by Now

bbright2

Just curious if I should be concerned that my tag has not shown up yet from NM for Oct Mzzldr hunt. Do you have yours? My first elk tag in NM so curious when they are supposed to arrive.

You will not receive a tag from G & F. You need to log into your account and print your tag yourself.

Good Luck on your hunt.

Cory

Have to print them out. It's pretty ridiculous we had hunters show up to camp with like 6 licenses. Probably the dumbest thing New Mexico has ever done.

>Have to print them out. It's
>pretty ridiculous we had hunters
>show up to camp with
>like 6 licenses. Probably the
>dumbest thing New Mexico has
>ever done.

Exactly! Even the actual game wardens think its dumb... Supposedly next year it will be changing again?

I think the self print option is a good money saver for the department; however, they need to make some kind of one time only access code so once you print your tag, that's it. No going back to print 5 copies. How many times you think someone tagged an animal, took it home, printed out another tag and went back out in the field? More than any one would like to admit would be my guess....

I think its crazy they went to this too. The printing is a good money saver but they need to give you some kind of carcus tag or band that goes on the animal as well that can only be used once.

Poachers will be poachers.

Even if there were a 1-time print code or something, you could simply make a Xerox copy.

Or print to PDF instead of a printer, and then print the PDF over and over.

The ability to have multiple tags can be handy - one in the truck, one in your pack (should you misplace one).

Cheaters will still cheat and those who follow the rules will still follow the rules.

I sincerely doubt we have to worry much about people printing out multiple tags and punching them on separate animals as much as the slobs who poach without a permit in the first place!

Or the VERY common practice of party hunting with the whole camp hunting on one guy's tag - people tell me they do that all the time, despite it clearly being illegal...

Carl

>I agree poachers are going to
>poach, but the easier you
>make it for them the
>more it is going to
>happen.

No doubt. If you reduce the risk, which printing your own tag clearly does, you will see more poaching. New Mexico already had severe poaching problems. Now it's a poacher's paradise.

Why not just add a few bucks to the cost of the tag to cover printing costs.

in ca,they have a system where you need to have your big game animal signed off,this will stop people from being able to harvest an animal outside the regular assigned season,rather than just fill out the harvest report! it might work out better!

I've been having a hell of a time tying to print out my 16B wilderness tag. I have logged in every day since the draw results were posted and every time I go to print out my license a big red lettered box keeps telling me unsuccessful. Do you all think I'm doing something wrong or should I log in under my buddies name and print out one of his?

>I've been having a hell of
>a time tying to print
>out my 16B wilderness tag.
>I have logged in every
>day since the draw results
>were posted and every time
>I go to print out
>my license a big red
>lettered box keeps telling me
>unsuccessful. Do you all think
>I'm doing something wrong or
>should I log in under
>my buddies name and print
>out one of his?

You can probably buy one on Ebay. Printed and delivered.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom