SHUUUUSH HE'S SLEEPING

tinehunter

Went out for a few hr.'s today, just kicking some sage brush around when I saw this coyote laying by this sage. I whistled a few times and he didn't move. Don't know if it was old age or some lead that got him. All I know is that he won't be chasing any more mule deer.
414dscn0132.jpg

4074dscn0133.jpg

That is always great to see a coyote down. I come across way to many blood scenes where these lil bastards have been slaughtering the deer! Great pic

let me guess, you found that coyote near weiser, id?? I can't believe this coincidence, this week my cousin showed me a picture on his phone of a coyote he just shot. So tonight i'm on this forum an i see these pictures...same coyote!! the chances of that have to be 1 in a million. when i told him to look he couldn't believe it, no doubt about it. anyway crazy i think!

What a small world! I shot that coyote friday jan. 29 out by the mercury mines (weiser river area). I propped his head up on that old sagebrush snag to take a picture of him with my cell phone camera. I set up on that rocky ridge, blew a few distress calls, and he came running... got him with a 257 weatherby at about 90 yds. Unbelievable! My cousin who saw the pic on my cell phone stumbled on this post and told me to check it out. There is no doubt this is the coyote I shot.

You guessed right !!! I was out the other day and I have never driven down that road before. I was doing some glassing and thought I would take a little walk then I saw this coyote. That's really weird, that is 1 in a million
Are you from Weiser ?

Why not skin him? Never understood shooting an animal to leave it lay. I know, I know, those 25lb yotes are taking down a lot of 250lb deer.

Last year I came across a coyote by the side of the road that had apparently been hit by car. I finished him off, but didn't want to mess with the pelt, so just left. I knew shortly some hunters would find him and take the carcass, and sure enough, a half hour later, he was gone. If not, in this area, there are plenty of critters to make short work of what's left of any animal carcesses not removed.

I was able to sneek up to within 10 yards of this one. It was just minutes after a storm had passed. Too bad I didn't have my bow on me.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4362795991_262c051e2c.jpg[img]

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4362805601_bb4a91e48d.jpg[img]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom