Sick!!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Hi guys? what a crappy time to come up sick. I just cancelled a little 2 day hunt with a lady friend that i was very much looking forward to and i have another trip planned with a MM buddy into some new country... Also, really looking forward to that. I plan to make that hunt, should be better by then, and i have this whole week off, but for now, i'm sweating buckets and I can barely sit here and type this out. Hurtin for certain!!

Chief complaint; Stomach! hurts like hell with lower cramps that won't go away. also, i been shaking all night even though the heater is turned up...just could not get warm and it's not that cold out!

I like being alone, living by myself, i get to do what i want to do and nobody around to ##### at me...unless i'm sick. Worries me sometimes.

Joey

I started coming down with something yesterday afternoon while packing for Colorado. Looks like I shook it off but man you hate to get sick before or during a hunt.

Get well soon.

Calif_Mike

Hey Joey, I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather..bummer. I got the flu hunting in Utah last season, and it was a real bad time. Get yourself healed up for next weekend and good luck.

Larry

Thanks guys!!! I pulled one of those temp strips outa my first aid kit and it showed 101 temp, not too bad for how i feel. I went back to bed after posting this am. Not sure but i might be feeling some better. My lady friend just brought me some Ginger tea to help with the cramps. I told her heck with that, get under these covers with me and warm me up. I had to settle for the tea.lol

Joey

I sure hope you shake it soon Joey. It sounds like you will.

Opening weekend I drank two beers in the evening and ate a WHOLE BUNCH of smoked salmon jerkey. It's so good you can't stop eating it. The next morning I barely made it to the "outhouse" in time. LOL!

I hate getting sick during hunting season.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-08 AT 10:05PM (MST)[p]>I sure hope you shake it
>soon Joey. It sounds like
>you will.
>
>Opening weekend I drank two beers
>in the evening and ate
>a WHOLE BUNCH of smoked
>salmon jerkey. It's so good
>you can't stop eating it.
>The next morning I barely
>made it to the "outhouse"
>in time. LOL!
>
>I hate getting sick during hunting
>season.
>
>Eel

salmon jerkey, and the chits....wow sucks, joe get better man.... was out today and all the deer sign was heading south of the boader....

Hey Joey- I hope you feel better, Man. If you live alone, maybe you should look into Life Alert!! HaHa!! It's no fun being sick, hunting season or not. I leave tomorrow morning for Wyoming with my Dad. I'll be hunting goats Tuesday by 4 pm and deer Wednesday morning. I can't wait!! I'm not trying to rub it in...I'm just so excited. I'll let you know how we do when I get bck around the 22nd. Take care.

Steve

Thanks guys!! I just got up again. As bad if not worse. this is the third timne i been outa bed all day! lol Thanks for your knd words.

Wizzard, long time no talk! Thanks and good luck to you and your dad in Wyoming. Look forward to seeing some pic's of your trip and some lopes.

Manny, I'll be there bud. I just got to cowboy up a bit. I've had this in the past, i think, it goes away after a couple days.

EEl, I wish this was just the squirts. Actually it's more the opposite. Maybe i need something to clean the tubes. lol

Shaking like crazy, making me some ginger tea. Thanks for your concern folks. Really does make me feel better!!

Joey

Joey,

I feel your pain bud. I am in the same boat. Been ill for 4 days now. Missed out on this last weekend in the B zones. I just started taking Zicam, its a nasal swab. It seems to be helping. Not sure if it is the Zicam or just the sickness running its course but man this has been tough to shake.

Hope you feel better soon.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-08 AT 00:11AM (MST)[p]JR, yeah man! bad timing! I'm feeling some better right now. When i finally rolled out this am, then later this afternoon, i was still pretty darn sick with headach and a dripping wet set of night wear.

I'm hoping this spell of feeling better carries over to tomorrow cause there's still a bunch to do before i roll outa here for my next hunt.

Matt, Thanks for the note. Sorry to hear that you're feeling shitty too. Gotta get after em! It's the one time of year a guy don't want to get sick!

Taxes! I have a small plumbing contracting business and because a lot of my work goes with the snowbirds to Arizona or where ever these rich people live in the winter, i never have the money in April to pay my taxes. So, i file an extension every year and that makes them due on Oct 15th. Works out pretty good this way but i get to write a big check that's just about gonna take all the money that i managed to put aside this season. I tell yeah, if it ain't one thing, it's another...

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom