Sight/Sight Tape ?

bowhunter223

I'm buying a new sight (single pin slider) and am debating on going a 4" dovetail or a 6" dovetail....but I have a question: If I want my yardage marks spaced CLOSER together on my sight tape, which length of extension do I buy?? Is it better to have the sight housing closer to the bow, or further away, if I want more yardage travel out of my sight tape? if that makes sense....

Thx COLO3D!
So are there any advantages to having it farther away from the riser?? I see some "professionals" with it further out....6"-8" extension. I realize this may help a little with a better focus on both target and pin...but is there anything else?? Advantages to closer in? Advantages to further out?

Thoughts?

The farther the distance between the sight and peep, the more accurate you will be.
This is how it was explained to me, once:

Get 3 coins, preferably the same size. Put one at the far end of a table, go to the opposite end of the table and use a pencil to line up the remaining two coins in a straight line with the third coin. Use a string and line it up with the two closer coins and see how close you are to the third coin.

Now try it again but use something longer, like a yardstick or an bare arrow shaft work well. Using the full length of whatever you chose, try to line up the two coins with the third one. You will undoubtedly be closer with the longer object.

This is an extreme exaggeration of what a sight extention will do.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom