Sight Tape Program

bowhunter223

Which is the best and easiest to use at home? Just bought a Black Gold Ascent single pin slider and want to get a program to print sight tapes.
Have heard good/bad with Archers Advantage, OnTarget, The Archery Program. Any others? Your experiences?
PS - I don't have a chronograph.

Thanks!

I use archers advantage. You can calculate your speed but its best that you go to a shop that has a Chronograph. Very easy to use and fast.

I use Archers Advantage and have used On Target 2 as well. I find Archers Advantage much more user friendly, their prompts are very easy to understand. I don't have a chronograph either and find that it gives me a very accurate speed rating once you enter in the sight marks. To do that, I sight in my 20 and either my 80 or 100, I get a very accurate speed rating.

I've used Archers Advantage for quite awhile, great program and like already stated very user friendly.

Thanks for the responses! I bought "The Archery program - Easy Tape" for $15 last night. Not a complete ballistics software, just for doing tapes is all. Ran the first tape and it seems right on with the previously sighted in tick marks I had from this past weekend. Anyone use or hear anything about this program?? We'll see how accurate it really is at distance later this week.

I was thinking of getting the program but I don't have a chronograph to test the bow speed. I also bought the black gold ascent and I really like the sight. Only down side is if you change anything on your bow, arrows, poundage, fletchings, arrow weight you have to test the speed again and redo the tape. I have a hoyt vulcan 28 inch draw,at 63 pounds, I shoot the Axis N fuse 400 arrow that are 386 grains. The bow shoots the arrows out at 276 fps. I was shooting a 425 grain arrow and it would shoot the arrow at 265 so I bought some lighter arrows so I moved the speed up to 276. I love the sight easy to use and adjust. I have been shooting out to 100 yards and it is way cool. Most shops use the Archer Advantage wich I think is a pretty accurate program. Good luck

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-10 AT 11:14AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-10 AT 11:14?AM (MST)

With TAPes, you don't need to chrono your bow. Just sight in @ 2 seperate yardages (close and distant) and input those distances with their corresponding scale marks (from the pre-printed scale you attach to the sight before shooting).

Liking the Ascent as well!

I have OT2 which I mainly use for arrow spine etc. I bought the TAPes program just for doing sight tapes because it is waaaay less complicated to use. No chrono, no measurements to take. Just attach their tape shoot at 2 distances and mark the tape, input the info, print a new tape and you are good to go. It is by far the easiest way to go. I am shooting a Sword Centurian. Alot of guys are liking the Ascent. Might be trying one in the future.

I may have done this the hard way but I wanted to be sure my yard marks were perfect to my set up. I just don't trust something else putting in the marks for me that I haven't shot and marked myself so I first put a blank tape on for several days of shooting from 20 all the way out to 80 yards in 10 yard increments. I made all my marks on the blank tape and I marked on the site itself where that blank tape started and stopped on each end. I then took and transferred those marks to another blank tape and used ?paints? on the computer to make up new tapes with perfect lines and yard numbers on those lines. It took about an hour of trial and error for size but once I got it down I was able to make 20 tapes up and just print them out. I then covered them with clear label tape and adhere them to the site in the proper place so they are now water proof. I have been shooting with it ever since and it works great.

GBA

Should've saved yourself a couple hours and just bought the $15 TAPes program. :)
We all choose what works for us though...even by NOT buying a Sure-loc. I hate the way their fiber hangs out....not covered at all. I agree...GREAT sight, but I think for that kind of money, and for hunter-use they need to design that fiber placement better. IMHO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom