Sighting in for hunting

muzzy125

I have a question for all you pro's out there.When you are sighting in your broadheads for hunting do you shoot every arrow you are going to hunt with or do you sight them in with half and keep the other half for kill shot's.The only thing that bother's me with shooting every one is that when you are constantly pulling them out of your broadhead target they seem to take a real sh** kicking.Any info would be great.

Well I dont know about everybody, but I weigh all my shafts and sort accordingly and well as my broadheads. make up sets that weigh the same. you usually have a bunch of oddballs that I use as practise and then I have my hunting arrows, even my hunting arrows are shot at least 2 times before I use them hunting.

I use aluminum so this works for me, if you are using carbon then thats a different story.

Nate

I only shoot 3-4 arrows for practice and leave the other 7-8 (if you buy a dozen) for hunting, and/or replacments if something happens to your target arrows as they do get beat up.
I also mark or number a fletching on each arrow, then if for some reason I consistently have one "sail" on me, look to see if it is always the same arrow and remove that one or only use it for practice. Maybe it's bent, etc.
I will usually shoot my hunting arrows a couple times to make sure they are hitting the same as my target arrows, but that is it. I will also shoot nothing but broadheads the last month or so before season. I have my practice b-heads, and hunting b-heads. I do not usually target practice at all with the heads I hunt with. They are exactly the same as my target heads, same package and all. They will get too dull for me even with a couple of shots into a target.
Oops, I maybe shouldn't have responded as I am far from a "Pro"! :)
Good luck.

Lien2

I weight and sort my arrows so the 5 or 6 I end up with out of 12 are exactly the same and pass the spin test. Then I shoot each one a couple of times and number them based on how they shoot. They all will shot very good but 1 or 2 always are just perfect. I am talking less than an inch here but they are just better. The best ones go 1st in my quiver.

Archer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom