sighting in your gun

D

duckybob

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to sight in open sights. I was told at the range to to hold the front bead like a snowcone so that you can see what you are shooting at.

I use this o8o the two o is the rear sight the 8 is your front bead(bottom half of 8) and(top half of 8)is the dot on the target.

can you sight in a muzzle loader like you do a rifle? Like being dead on with a rifle at 25 yards means you are usually about 1 inch high at 50 and back on again at 100. I was just wondering. B_B

That's the way mine works out. I do a lot of shooting at 25 to get it right on. Then I shoot at 50 yards and I'm 2 inches high. Then I go out to 100 yards and with my set up I'm still about 1/2 inch high. I'm actually right on at about 115.

BOB:If you can't get that "Smokepole" sighted in,I guess it's a waste of time for ME to give you "BOYS" some "GOOD" info on Nv.Have Blake call ME---Bruce

I like to set up where all i use is the very tip of the front bead. It seems to be a more prcise way to line up.

shedcrazy

Ariz. big game. Blake will be getting in contact with you soon. The first time in a while were I had to get rid of the scope. Thanks Bob

One way is to put a good scope on to work up a consitant load. Once you know what slug and powder combo works than you can take off your scope and sight it in.

I use a fiber front sight and Willams peep sight in back. For me, way more accurate than using all fiber dots.

duckybob: The answer to your question is to sight in your rifle the way that is the most comfortable to you. The method that "gator" gave you is the way that most people do it. Look back through the articles that I wrote called Muzzleloading 101 and you will see the method for sighting in from 25 yards out to 100 yards. Hope this helps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom