Sightron Scopes?

Bambistew

Very Active Member
What can you guys tell me how the Sightron II Scopes? Do they compare to a Weaver Grands Slam and a Leupold VX2? Are the Sightrons as good of a scope as these, and how is the companies warranty record? Good or bad experiences welcome. Oh, and it will be mounted on a 8mm Rem. Mag., but they should all hold up to that little bit of abuse.
Thanks in advance

Ivan

Bambistew, I bought a Sightron 3x9 scope last year for my .270 after I compared it to the comparable Leupold. I bought a top of the line Simmons the year before and while I was out hunting and looking through the scope it was extremely blurry past 200 yards. The first thing I did when I got home was look for a new scope. I looked at the Leupold's and Burris' and the Sightron's. I ended up buying the Sightron and have been extremely happy with it. I haven't had it long enough to tell if it holds up over time, but it appears to be a high quality scope and impressed me enough to buy it over a Leupold that was the same price.

A salesman at sportsmans wharehouse thought these scopes were great. I looked through one and was impressed. From what I know their warranty is "unconditional replacement".

However, I still think that the best non-european glass is Burris. Just my opinion.

Good Luck

Bambistew, ive had a sightron red-dot scope on a 7mm TC contender for 8 years and its never had a problem.

THis is a laser dot scope though, i dont know anything about their crosshair scopes.

I also own a Sightron scope and absolutely love it, But i do have one problem with it and that is Eye Relief has anyone else had this problem?? I have it all the way back on my scope mounts and still doesnt seem to help much.

What kind of douchebag would shoot a pea shooter like that? That guys gotta be a real loser! Please dont tell me this homo is one of the guys thats gonna be in our camp next month. Must be from California!

I hear he was born there, but he won't claim it... As far as sharing a camp??? I think you two are going to be pitchin it down at the camp ground with the rest of the Kalifornians, beings how there's two of you and only one horse, I guess you could ride double...

Gettin' excited???

Cant exactly blame him for that! Hell yeah, I'm excited! 28 days until I'm outta here! Trying to get there Friday to make the feed I've heard you guys rave about. I am bummed about Kodiak. Was looking forward to falling off him and getting stepped on a couple times! Those were good times..(dramatic pause)...Good times! I know it provided our friend with plenty of laughs. RIP Kodi!!!

Hunter66,
Kodiak is not the one that went on to the happy hunting ground.
He said he isn't through with you yet! We lost a dear friend in Mr. T (sob,sob) He will be missed by me and especially you 'cuz
now you're afoot!
Mr. Magnum

I'm sure even though I wont be on him he'll find a way to make me bleed! Did you see the message I sent about the dates?

Mr "Magnum" have you lined up any alternitive transprotation for OneHUGEmember? I'd hate to see that pretty Kalifornian boy get dirty...

Maybe Uncle G can loan us an extra pack horse, or maybe my brother can talk Sonny's son into giving his 5 year old "colt" that he broke 4 years ago... We should be able to find something, I'm just worried about how we are going to pack out 5 elk on four horses plus a camp, looks like about three trips to me.

Ivan

Its not the dirt I'm afraid of, its the lacerated spleen I'll get from getting stomped. I have no problem walking, its just that I'm not quite acclimated to the high altitude like you friggin high mountain half human/half goat people and it takes me a bit longer. I've trained as best as I could here at sea level! Just leave a trail of bread crumbs or beer cans for me and I'll catch up eventually.

Bambistew,
The way I see it is that I don't need to line up any alternative transportation, that is onehuge's problem!
I have a little scheduling conflicts and I need to be out of the hills on Monday afternoon and will be back up wed. So we better get all of the elk out before then.
Tony

Bigfoot lurks about that area and it loves bleeding spleens! So don't stray too far back.

I,
I might end up with the Sightron anyway due to a trade in merchandise with Bob at the gun store. We'll see in the next few days.
T

From what people have said, and the reserch that I did, I think they are pretty good scopes, and they will replace any defective scopes no questions asked...

Ivan

I can't pass up a trade if it comes my way, maybe a trade on the weaver also, we'll have to see.
Tony

I have had a Sightron 3x9 on my 300 win. mag mounted in Burrus bases for the last three years. No complaints. I don't road hunt, my rifle goes tied to by pack 7-9 miles into some seriously rough terrain. I have inadvertantly beat the tar out of my gun and I have not adjusted since the initial sight in. The only problems with eye relief are when its cranked up to 9x. I leave it on 6x when I am hunting so that has never really bothered me. If I were to do it over again I would get a fixed 6x.

Chandelier for over his table. the deal is done, I get to choose which scope I want and take it out on trade against the chandelier. Just have to wait for the Weaver to come in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom