Sights

B

Blacktail_boy

I'm wondering what kind of sights you guys use on your muzzle loaders. I am from washington and your are not able to use scopes on muzzle loaders here. The conditions I hunt in are usually brushy and wet. I am looking for something that will show up good in dim light also...Thanks.. :) B_B

B_b,

Here in WA you are able to use fiber optic sights on your muzzle loader. If you have the newer edition of Bass Pro (has a huge-racked whitetail running on cover) you can go to page 331 and see some of what they have for fiber optics for muzzleloaders. You could also check out their website and Cabelas and probably see more products. I have fiber optics that I put on my shotgun and a I bought a T/C .22 Classic last year with them on and they make a big difference. I can still do a good impression of not being able to hit the side of barn when shooting at birds, but I just think it has to do with the operation of the gun. After shooting the .22 and being able to kick a cans a$$ at 30 yards I was quite impressed with the sights and have been thinking of putting them on my muzz, too. I think I have heard Williams sights has fiber optics also and you may want to check them out. Hope this helps.

Sportfury

I would recommend the Williams "Fire Sights" fiber optic sights. They are high quality and the bases are metal. Stay away from the CVA fiber optic sights, though cheaper they are made out of cheap plastic and I don't think they will stand up in the field and lack windage and elevation adjustment index marks. I bought a set and replaced them with the Williams.

Last year I hunted NV. Open sights only. I installed a Lymen peep
and a fiber optic on the front. I really like this set up. The peep will act just like a red dot scope when it is sighted in. Put the front bead where you want it to hit, your eye will automatically center in the peep.

I will keep this set up instead of reinstalling the old 1x scope. That are allowed in Utah.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom