Sightseeing in Vegas area?

Paradox

Planning a trip for 3 or 4 days to Las Vegas end of September.
Are there areas within a half day drive where we can go to see Deer, Elk Etc?
Any suggestions for don't miss attractions?
Shouldn't take more than a half day to exhaust the gambling funds so that will leave time to see the area.

Thanks,
Ed

If you ain't the lead dog,
the view never changes

Your best bet would be mt charleston. It has deer and a small herd of elk but i have no idea where the elk run.

You can usually see elk and deer on Mt. Charleston if you go out toward Indian Springs and make a left going West up the mountain. I believe the road is called Cold Creek or something. I haven't been up there for a while but you can take it up over Wheeler Pass to Pahrump and see some game. It gets rough near the top after you run out of paved road.

You can also see desert bighorns eating grass in the park in Boulder City near the Hoover dam. If they aren't at the park just circle around the side streets in the neighborhood and you will likely see them somewhere. The park is on the left side of 93/95 as you go east toward the dam. You can see it from the road.

I saw one MD in the 5 years I lived in Vegas,it was in Red Rock Canyon and haulin ass,probably the worst place Ive ever been for wildlife viewing besides wild sheep and strippers.

I've seen quite a few deer up at Charleston, including the biggest mule deer of my life. End of September the leaves should be changing so that would cool to head up there regardless.

Other places worth checking out would be Valley of Fire and Red Rock Canyon. Probably won't see much wildlife, but awesome landscapes.

Canoeing down the Colorado River you see a lot of desert bighorn. Sundays they don't allow motorized traffic, so it's more peaceful. There a companies based out of Boulder City that outfit you and shuttle you.

Thanks Guys,
I'll definitely check out Mt Charleston, Maybe the Blue Rhino???

Ed

If you ain't the lead dog,
the view never changes

>Isn't it called the Spearmint Rhino?
>
>
>definately +1

True Story Spearmint Rhino it is!

Blue Rino,Blue Balls,Rino balls blue,
Its all them same, just a little different?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom