SKS Assault

H

Hunt101

Has anyone ever shot or heard how the SKS's shoot. A local gun store is sellin them for cheap, and I was wondering how accurate they are. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-05 AT 00:22AM (MST)[p]they shoot very good, very dependable, and should shoot about a 6" group at 100 yards. 7.62x39 is not a power house. They're cheap because that's about all they're worth.

JB

Luck of the draw on the accuracy department. I've seen them shoot 2 moa and under and up to 6moa. For what they cost they are a good buy.

Before you buy one check to see if its a Russian made or chinese made. The russian ones are ten times better far more accurate and dependable. My understanding is the Russians are forged and the chinese are stamped.

Alot of times youll find them for the same price but definetly go with the russian.

The SKS is a fun little gun to have laying arround. The rounds are cheap and can be picked up about anywhere. As for houres power, they don't have much. I've heard some peopel say that they are on PAR with the 30-30. A good little gun for mule size deer and smaller out to 100-200 yards. I've never shor mine at paper so I can not say what kind of accuracy I am getting out of if. I figured if I can hit a basketball size rock at 100 yards 8 out of ten time free handed I'm shooting close enough for Jack rabbits.

I picked one up about ten years ago and have had a lot of fun plicking arround with it. I am now considering traiding it in on a little 10/22. I don't shoot it much anymore and I would like to get a new .22 so I can semi-retire the Marline bolt action 22 that my dad gave me nearly 20 years ago.

400bull

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom