Sleep system

m48goat

Im looking at getting a new pad and sleeping bag for backpack hunts. I'm wondering what you guys are using? How light is your set up and does it compress down to a compact size? Thanks

Goat

Sleeping bag depends on the temps I expect. Pad in a Big Agnus Q Core. Most comfortable pad I have ever used. Nice thing about it is the way the baffles are laid out that helps form sliding around. Rolls up ver nice and flat.

Big Agnes Ranger for me - with the Big Agnes pad slipped in the sleeve. Don't roll of pad and keeps me plenty warm on some chilly fall nights. Plus it is easy on the weight.

I used a new pad made by Klymit last year. It rolls up and fits in a bag that's the size of an aluminum can, no joke. Was surprised how well it worked last year and will be using it again this year.

ltsheets, just looked at those klymit pads. there something different, i think i like them and there idea. might have to try them out

>I used a new pad made
>by Klymit last year.
>It rolls up and fits
>in a bag that's the
>size of an aluminum can,
>no joke. Was surprised
>how well it worked last
>year and will be using
>it again this year.

+1 for the Klymit Static V pad. Much more comfortable than my old Thermarest ProLite and more compact, too.

I was skeptical at first with the Klymit pad b/c of how it looks, but my friend swore by it and I'm glad I listened to him. It sleeps as well as any compact thermarest and is way more compact.

Do any of you guys have sleeping bag recommendations, looking for 0-15 degree bag that still packs down to a compact size

I been using Therma-rest Prolite pad and either the Marmot Never Summer -15 on up, or the Kelty Tundra Syn 15 on up.
Bomb proof.
I have 5 bags and 3 pads.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom