Sleeping in a Pickup

This thread took an ugly turn.

I used to get pissed about having to crawl out of the truck to take a leak. Now I feel fortunate that I don’t have to wear diapers or piss in a bottle yet.

Honest question. How many times a night do you wallow out from under your shell, hop down on the ground, to pee, then crawl back into the truck and wallow your way back into your bag, per night.

Asking because, I’m just not up for that…….. at 76 years old. 😁
The simple answer is never. I do keep an empty 1-liter bottle in the back so if I do have to wizz, I don’t leave shell.
I expect after a few more years I may be in your boat, but I’m not there yet.

Hey ICM?

Is That Bottom Brown Bag An Old Coleman Sleeping Bag?

People Can Laugh All They Want But I'm A Restless Sumbeach In The Sack!

I Can't Stand & Can't Sleep In A Mummy Bag Type!

They're Like A Straight Jacket!

I Like The Old Brown Bag,It Gives A Guy A Little Elbow Room!

Here are a few of my recent camps. If it's gonna rain, I try to get under the tarp or just head somewhere protected. Otherwise, I just try to find a flat spot. I'm kind of a sissy now, and take pillows. If the wind is howling, I get down in a deep cut or behind something like the snow fence in the one pic. I try to sleep under the stars a lot every year. I've had mice, packrats, and bugs get me. Never had a snake, a bear or anything like that come aboard. Always keep a weapon real handy just in case, usually with a good light.

Nothing makes you feel as small as waking up in the middle of a cool crisp night and and look up at a million stars when you are miles from the nearest yard light. It's both humbling and fun.

I will say one time I was out in a fairly open place and rolled over in the middle of the night. The Wyoming wind was HOWLING and my pillow blew away. I was chasing it down in my undershorts with my headlamp on. Took me a while to get back to sleep after that. The night the packrat came into my bag, I was up Granite Creek in the Hoback. It was single digit cold and had snowed. That packrat woke me up with a start and I jumped up, got wet and had a tough time getting much sleep after that.

Another time, I was sleeping near the Greys and heard something rustling a tin can. I slowly sat up and a doe mule deer was nuzzling around in a fire pit somebody had left and she was making noise with the cans in the old fire pit.

It's all fun. You guys have some great stories. I used to have an old Chevy El Camino in high school. Had a mattress in the back of that and had fun there, but never spent the night on it. But I can't imagine putting it on a pallet. Just on the truck bed.

View attachment 137643

View attachment 137644

View attachment 137645

Hey ICM?

Is That Bottom Brown Bag An Old Coleman Sleeping Bag?

People Can Laugh All They Want But I'm A Restless Sumbeach In The Sack!

I Can't Stand & Can't Sleep In A Mummy Bag Type!

They're Like A Straight Jacket!

I Like The Old Brown Bag,It Gives A Guy A Little Elbow Room!
It's a big heavy Slumberjack. Great sleeping bag. Lotsa room and really warm. It's 2 bags; one zipped inside the other. But you don't want to carry it more than 50 yards from the truck. It's heavy. Everybody should have one like that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom