slick trick broad heads

HNTNFSH

I was just reading about these broadheads and they seem to be very impressive.I was hoping someone here has used these and would be willing to share any expierences. Likes or dislikes and if you perfer any other fixed broadheads. Thanks

I've tested them and found they are a solid (tough) head that fly consistently well and create an acceptable wound channel. They penetrate like most chisel-tip type heads (adequate-good) and blades are sharp out of the box. I had no real performance issues with the ST's. They are a quality head that most will be happy with, IMO.

I don't hunt with them, as I prefer a cut-on-contact style head. I currently shoot Wac'em.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I shot the mags up till last year. I loved these BHs. They flew very well from a tuned bow, and were very tough. The steel ferrel (not aluminum) and the construction is solid with thick blades that are sharp enough.
I found the mag to be a tad noisy in flight, but nothing I worried about.
I had nothing but great blood trails from the animals that I was lucky enough to stick arrows through.
Do a search on Archerytalk on them, you will have a weeks worth of reading to do.

I only switched from them last year to have my first go round with mechanicals. If I go back to fixed blades, It will be the Slick Trick Mag again.

I witched to slick tricks last year for my elk hunt and was very pleased with this head. the shot was a little back then I liked but had a good blood trail and a short track job. J.C.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-12 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]They are among the best replaceable blade heads. Tougher and sharper than most. I used to shoot them and shot a bunch of critters with them. I now prefer a solid, one piece head (VPA 3 blade) but not because I ever had any problems with Slick Tricks. I just like being able to re sharpen and reuse broadheads.

They are simple, sharp and cost a little less than most others. I have shot 3 out of my 4 whitetails with them and they've worked very well. Hope to finally get a chance to send them through a muley or elk this coming year.

I experimented with several broadheads before my buffalo and moose hunts in 2011. The razor trick absolutely stole the show. It was field point accurate and penetrated farther than any 125 gr head I shot and even beat a 145 gr head. The first picture shows the only three heads to make it through 5/8 OSB and my layered foam target (40 yrds). The steelforce 125 was the only other 125 to make it through and the top head is an older 145 gr.

Summer2011018.jpg

I shot this bull at 40 yards and the arrow went completely through him. He made it about 30 yards from where I hit him and tipped over. I spent a lot of time this year working on my arrow weight and performance, but the razor trick definetly made a huge difference.

054.jpg

Well......the 100gr Standard did a great job on me last weekend! :)
4201bloody.jpg

In all seriousness, I feel they are a great head. They fly well and make great holes. They're what I trust in the field.

PS-Even if you are in a hurry......ALWAYS use a broadhead wrench when spinning these on/off. They will bite! Lesson learned!

I've used them but- long story, many animals later-now prefer a more tapered COC head. You will see many fanboys of the ST and Rage & ?? but there is no denying the laws of physics and "mechanical advantage"

>Well......the 100gr Standard did a great
>job on me last weekend!
> :)
>
4201bloody.jpg

>In all seriousness, I feel they
>are a great head.
>They fly well and make
>great holes. They're what
>I trust in the field.
>
>
>PS-Even if you are in a
>hurry......ALWAYS use a broadhead wrench
>when spinning these on/off.
>They will bite! Lesson
>learned!
Holy crap! How many stitches did that take to seal up?

I started using them this past season. I shot a big bull elk at 33 yards. I aimed just a touch forward and hit him in the shoulder. I still got about 16" of penetration and had a massive blood trail.

Great heads I have no reason to ever shoot another. My dad shoots 53lbs and get's complete pass thru on deer, strong built head and they fly like darts

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom