Slick Tricks are Awsome!!!!

JakeH

Long Time Member
Hey guys I thought I would post up some photos of the damage my slick tricks did on my buck.

Here it is.
4a98af982187d1c0.jpg

A closer view, for refrence the hole is about the same size of the hermonic dampener in the riser of my switchback xt.
4a98afb322194104.jpg

4a98b0572648964f.jpg

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Beautiful deer and great shot. I bought some Slick Tricks for my elk hunt I drew this year. They shoot great.

I wish they would fly out of my bow but they don't. They are sharper then hell. I think they would fly out of the slower bow's just fine like the mathew's. lol

Wac,

Touche' bud. But like I've heard a slow hit is better than a fast miss! That monster and reezen 6.5 are both pretty fast. All in fun dood.

Nate

I new that would ruffle your string dampner. Mathews is a awesome bow they have alway's made top of the line product's i just sold mine and went back to pse i have a short draw length just after the speed you know.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-09 AT 05:26PM (MST)[p]I have yet to kill an animal with a slick trick yet. Haven't hit one yet either.:) Switched to them last year and can't wait to shoot something with them. They fly great!

Looks like you hit him about 6 inches to far back or was he quartering? I think you said, but how far did he go when you hit him?

Put a hole just like that in my bull last year with a Slick Trick (from a Matthews DXT no less) and he bled like the proverbial stuck pig for the 40 yds he went. No tracking needed, just follow the blood river. Anyways, it impressed me so much I got rid of all my other broadheads (my brother now owes me forever)and now I'm gonna try to do it again, only this time with the bigger brother, Grizzly Trick. They shoot exactly the same as my field points every time, every range. And no, I don't work for those guys..........
P.S. - really nice buck. Way to go!!!!

Just switched from snuffer ss to tricks this year; shot em today and can't believe how well they match my field points! Can't wait to stick a big old bull or cow with them to judge there performance. Excellent deer by the way--i'm a mathews guy too!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-09 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]Elkoholic, he was broad side, I got the back of both lungs, he died with in site and only ran about 150 yards (if that) was dead in about 20 seconds. I am very proud of this deer as he is my biggest archery buck. He bled alot but I didnt follow the blood trail cause I saw him go down, and didnt bother to look. ( It was way hot so I got right to work on getting him out of there.)

Rem Thanks for comeing up and helping me get him out of there, you better do a good job on the mount now. :) Now go kill an elk. And I will do the same.(hopefully) :)

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Great buck! I've been using slicks for about 5 years now. 2 P&Y bears and 1 P&Y whitetail. Several other kills to boot. Always the same result. Run 30-70 yds, drop over dead.

beautiful buck , congrats on him.+1 on the slick tricks, I too have my arrows tipped with em but shoot em with A 05 Bow Tech Liberty VFT, smoothest shooting rig I've ever owned......

Your experience is much different than mine. I used Slick Trick several years ago and had a terrible experience. On a perfectly broadside shot they were fine but on a quartering shot even slightly quartering they absolutely failed.

I shot a cow elk at 30 yards. Perfect broadside shot other than I hit her back a little far, still a fatal shot. I made 2 additional attempts to get another arrow in her, both failed miserably. The first was a slight, no more than 5 degree quartering away 40 yard shot. The arrow placement was perfect but the broadhead simply glanced off the rib bone and then proceeded to go down the side of the elk and lodge in the front shoulder muscle. The second was a 20 yard shot which did the exact same thing on the opposite side of the elk. The second was a bit more of a quartering away shot, still the broadhead failed. I've never used them since nor will I ever.

For it to happen once I could dismiss but to happen twice, something is wrong IMO.

Just the normal Slick Trick the original you might say.

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I love those STs but I use the 125 gr. Mag.

Make each trip afield one to remember!

I shoot the 100 Grains, they fly really well and do alot of damage. (as you can see)

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-09 AT 09:56AM (MST)[p]I think he meant Magnum (1 1/8") or Standard (1")? The Magnums were the original ST invented, and many people therefore confuse them with the Standards.

huh, ok I was shooting the standard 1". not the magnums. I did not know that the mags came first thanks for correcting me.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

No Jake you had me right-I was asking what grain weight-I shoot 85 grain for now-I have yet to put one in a animal but hopefully will do so soon

Glad to hear positive results on the tricks

philos

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom