Slicks or Wac'ems?

bowhunter223

I realize that this could be debated for years....but I'm going to buy one or the other this year and wanted to know what you all think. Which broadhead, Slick Tricks or Wac'ems, is a better choice, in your opinion? I've heard worlds of good about both and I'm sure that's correct. Just wanted to get some feedback from those of you who have used one or both. Thanks!

Ive used both and like them both... just make sure if you are using wac-ems that you screw the head down tight on to the arrow.

Well, I know this is probably not going to help you but BOTH heads perform very well. It's a matter of personal choice. In my opinion, either one will work fine.

BOHNTR )))---------->

SLICKS.......nuff said

"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game".........Teddy Roosevelt

How big is the cutting diameter on the wac ems? ANd do you guys think they fly identical to your field points? WOuld like to hear your comments. Thanks

I shoot slick tricks...........I have never shot the Wac'ems, I don't see the need after finding the ST. :) Both are great heads though and you can't go wrong either way.

Lien2

I've taken game with both. Both shoot very well and right with field tips. I have noticed that out past 40 yds, the wacems do drop a few inches more. I suspect it's because they they are a little heavier (I've never put them on a scale). Wacem blade sharpness is better than the slicks, but the slicks can be touched up. If you are little light KE wise, I'd pick the wacems for increased penetration. If you've got adequate KE, my preference is for the larger holes the slicks leave in game. If you double lung a critter with either, you'll be fine. The cutting diameter of the wacem is reportedly 1 and 1/32." This is modest, but more than adequate. The slicks of course are 1" or 1 and 1/8" with the benefit of a 4th blade.

I shot slicks last year and will be doing so again this year. The 2006 slicks will be sharper than last years model. Gary had some trouble with his sharpening people and has corrected that problem. You won't save too much money going to someone other than the source. So I recommend ordering directly from him at the slicktrick website to ensure you get the new heads.

Kris

I like Slicks but they are both good heads... look at broadheadtests.com (I think thats the right address) they do a very in-depth test on all broadheads and they show all results good or bad thats why I choose Slicks

Hope this helps, Jon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom