Slide Stocks?

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
http://www.slidefire.com/

Yesterday my uncle ordered one of these for me.. When I got home I researched them and was not sure if they are completely legal here in CA...So I emailed them and canceled the order.. Here is the Conversation...Tell me what you think after you read it..

Me: Leave it up to CA to take the fun away...

Actually the letter that comes with these stocks if from BATFE. Not Calif DOJ.

The stocks are legal according to the BATFE. However not in California due to 12020.

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the
state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable
firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a
firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, any ammunition which
contains or consists of any fl?chette dart, any bullet containing or
carrying an explosive agent, any ballistic knife, any multiburst
trigger activator, any nunchaku, any short-barreled shotgun, any
short-barreled rifle, any metal knuckles, any belt buckle knife, any
leaded cane, any zip gun, any shuriken, any unconventional pistol,
any lipstick case knife, any cane sword, any shobi-zue, any air gauge
knife, any writing pen knife, any metal military practice
handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade, or any instrument or weapon
of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy,
sandclub, sap, or sandbag.

(23) As used in this section, a "multiburst trigger activator"
means one of the following devices:
(A) A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a
semiautomatic firearm which allows the firearm to discharge two or
more shots in a burst by activating the device.
(B) A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed
and designed so that when attached to a semiautomatic firearm it
increases the rate of fire of that firearm.

Slidefire : Mr. Schmidt,

I understand that our approval letter we provide from the BATFE is not always the case in every state, but there is a reason that California hasn't contacted us stating that our stock is not legal despite our submission of several stocks to the California DOJ. It would be very difficult to consider a rifle stock with no moving parts, springs or pulleys as a ?mechanical device?. A ?multi-burst? would imply that more than one round would be fired per trigger pull. While shooting a firearm with our stock, the shooter is responsible for EVERY round fired by single pulls of the trigger. Since our stock is not a mechanical device nothing is ?activated? and the shooter is in charge of applying the force necessary for each shot, and the only thing contacting the trigger is the shooters finger. In order to change the ?rate of fire? of a firearm, the mechanics of the firearm itself must be altered. This cannot be accomplished by the installation of a stock that neither contacts nor interferes with any said mechanics. Any firearm can achieve the same rate of fire by rapidly manipulating the trigger, which even without our stock can be accomplished through practice. Bump firing, which our stock is designed to perform more safely and accurately, has always been legal across the country.

I respect your opinion and thank you for your concern about our products legality. Without official documentation from a state government, we must continue with our interpretation of the laws and that our viewpoint that our product is not in violation. While I cannot agree with governments applying irrational gun laws, I do understand anyone?s concern who lives in a state notorious for it. These concerns were our reason for submitting multiple stocks for review, but the only feedback we have had is that it is ?not the governments job to state things are legal, only to give notice when they are not.? We have half a dozen dealers offering our product in California and with more than a year of sales (thousands of stocks in your state alone) we have had no reports of legal issues.

I have been able to locate and cancel your order, and the reversal to your credit card will be later today. If you ever change your mind and would like to purchase one of our stocks, feel free to submit another order.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions or concerns.

Thank you,

-Chris

Slide Fire Solutions

Customer Service Director

_

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Buck- these stocks are so fun to shoot but of course leave it to CA. I know they are considered by many to be a somewhat grey area in CA.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom