slip, slidin' away...

Such corner crossing, if legal as Skavdahl determined, diminishes the ranch’s value by up to $9 million, according to one Eshelman assertion.

i wonder how with a straight face you can openly admit to your intentions being locking the public out of public property for monetary gain and still stand there saying you have a case?

Such corner crossing, if legal as Skavdahl determined, diminishes the ranch’s value by up to $9 million, according to one Eshelman assertion.

i wonder how with a straight face you can openly admit to your intentions being locking the public out of public property for monetary gain and still stand there saying you have a case?
I can give you 9 million reasons how...

Missed my point maybe. Making comments like that from the side of the fence he’s on (no pun intended) is so unaware it’s remarkable. They’re the kind of points you’d imagine the other group of attorneys would be trying to highlight.

Smacks of an over inflated ego for sure

I can just image the douche bag thinking he’s the most important dude In Wyoming ( other then buzz of course) sitting there saying “but your honor, if I can’t lock the public out of public land I’ll lose a bunch of money!!!”

That’s your case dude? Good luck

I can just image the douche bag thinking he’s the most important dude In Wyoming ( other then buzz of course) sitting there saying “but your honor, if I can’t lock the public out of public land I’ll lose a bunch of money!!!”

That’s your case dude? Good luck
My landowner tags and guide business depend on it!

Government
Skavdahl’s ruling applies to a 40-mile-wide swath across southern Wyoming where federal railroad-construction land grants created an ownership checkerboard on either side of the Union Pacific line. As a result of Skavdahl’s ruling, corner crossing is now legal there.

ok. both. but wouldn't have happened were to for the railroad and i'm sure their lobby at the time

Skavdahl’s ruling applies to a 40-mile-wide swath across southern Wyoming where federal railroad-construction land grants created an ownership checkerboard on either side of the Union Pacific line. As a result of Skavdahl’s ruling, corner crossing is now legal there.

ok. both. but wouldn't have happened were to for the railroad and i'm sure their lobby at the time
It were to for the Governments land that they gave away were to for the railroads.

you know i could have swore i proof read that.

looks like Buzz understood what i was saying. i'll be able to sleep at night knowing that

It were to for the Governments land that they gave away were to for the railroads.
anyway. back to arguing with Buzz. if the government was just "giving it away" to anyone it sure is suspicious it all went to the railroads. why didn't they just "give it away" to the indians?

vested interest maybe? nah, railroads were the epitome of moral companies back then. im sure thats the reason :rolleyes:

anyway. back to arguing with Buzz. if the government was just "giving it away" to anyone it sure is suspicious it all went to the railroads. why didn't they just "give it away" to the indians?

vested interest maybe? nah, railroads were the epitome of moral companies back then. im sure thats the reason :rolleyes:
To open up the West. Private enterprises didn't have the money, neither did the Government. What they did have was land that the railroads profited from in exchange for building the RR.

Same reason the Government gave away land to Homesteaders via the Homestead act.

Lots of good information, books, etc. written on both.

It's not the conspiracy you want it to be.

To open up the West. Private enterprises didn't have the money, neither did the Government. What they did have was land that the railroads profited from in exchange for building the RR.

Same reason the Government gave away land to Homesteaders via the Homestead act.

Lots of good information, books, etc. written on both.

It's not the conspiracy you want it to be.
Never said it was? The snip I posted is literally from the article linked in this thread. The driving factor of why the “checker board” exists is how it was broken up for, and I’d say by with their influences, the rail roads.

My posts are not the conspiracy you’d like them to be. Just reading what was in the thread. Did you?

Never said it was? The snip I posted is literally from the article linked in this thread. The driving factor of why the “checker board” exists is how it was broken up for, and I’d say by with their influences, the rail roads.

My posts are not the conspiracy you’d like them to be. Just reading what was in the thread. Did you?
I have a minor in Natural Resource Policy...yeah, I've heard about how the Government divested the public domain to the railroads.

I have a minor in Natural Resource Policy...yeah, I've heard about how the Government divested the public domain to the railroads.
:ROFLMAO:

So what your saying is if had replied “government” you’d have made a one line response of “railroad “

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom