small generator/charger

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
i have a '95 4Runner my brother passed to me recently. cigarette lighter and radio don't work. i was thinking of getting a little charger/generator to run a boom box cd player and something to charge Android phone for a week's worth of hunting. anyone know of a small generator/charger to fit the bill ? hopefully not too expensive ($150 ish)? thanks

These seem to be what you're looking for.
Its called a battery..?
20211031_111449.jpg

Amazon is full of little solar systems. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a small gas gen for your price range.

Get a 500w ac/dc inverter to run off your car battery and a 100w folding solar panel and controller to charge it back up.

thanks ridge! can i plug a phone charger into it? where is the AC plug in? i found some small generators that look like they will fit the bill. i really only need it for phone charging at camp and radio while driving. probably get a solar panel to charge it at camp.

just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience that would apply to my situation. as usual more BS than actual help here. thanks blue and bigpig

thanks ridge! can i plug a phone charger into it? where is the AC plug in? i found some small generators that look like they will fit the bill. i really only need it for phone charging at camp and radio while driving. probably get a solar panel to charge it at camp.

just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience that would apply to my situation. as usual more BS than actual help here. thanks blue and bigpig
?You know I was just razizn you. What type of AC power are you needing, how many amps?
In all honesty I'd set up a isolation solenoid so you could charge an auxiliary battery while driving. Install a inverter to get 120 volts but you'll be very limited on amperage/watts from a single battery, but it'll be nearly silent operation. The math is: Watt's÷Volts = the amperage you rerequire.

you can pick up a cheap/small inverter with the clamp on or wire on cables for your vehicle battery for under $50 just about anywhere that will do the job. Home Depot, harbor freight, amazon. Amazon sells the larger lithium battery pack with the USB ports that will charge your phone for a week if your not on it all the time. I use it to run a mini usb light in my tent, charge phone, etc and use my phone for music and download movies off Netflix and watch it when I’m backpacking. I think you can pick one up for about $20 for 27,000 mAh.
For $150 you can pick up a small battery bank with a built in inverter off Amazon as well. Lots of options out there.

tried a new phone charger plug-in and it worked after confirming cig lighter fuse was good. radio kinda works but antenna is broken off and buttons (power, volume, tuning) do what they want when they want. i'll check the cost of C batteries for my boombox then decide if it's worth $100 or so for the battery bank options i have found. thanks all

yes i found a few similar to that at around the same price. just got a new phone charger and some batteries for a boombox so i am set to try and find a game on sunday afternoon! thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom