Smartphone for outdooors

tracker12

Very Active Member
I am in need of a new phone after breaking two Samsung models. What have you all used that shows some durability. I have a Otter box on the last Galaxy 4S and that didn't help.

Which version of Otterbox were you using? If you were using the preserver series and you still broke it, chances are no smart phone will withstand the abuse you are putting them through.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-14 AT 11:15AM (MST)[p]The phone was never dropped and does not have a mark on it. Samsung seems to think it got a stress fracture form it being in my pocket.

Commuter series Otter was on the phone.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-14 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]Android's are getting bigger and thinner. Not the direction needed for durability and the ONLY reason I went from Android to Iphone. I sit on my Iphone in my truck everyday and dropped it multiple times. It's in an Ottor Box; Defender series I believe.

EXACTLY WHY I PREFER THE IPHONE.

CHECK THE HTC ONE. I BELIEVE THIS IS
A METAL PHONE.

THE ONLY BOBCAT.

The I-Phone works for me an I've certainly not been as careful as I should be with it. I have managed to break it in the 2 years I've had it. I get much better reception with it than my samsung. in isolated areas.

You should also check out the "lifeproof" phone cases for your new phone.

I believe they offer a guarantee to replace your phone if damage occurs with one of their cases on it.

JimmyA

The LifeProof case was recommended on another forum but if you check online reviews there are some pretty disappointed owners. Right now I am leaning towards the iPhone for just the reason previously mentioned. Smaller may be better.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-14 AT 01:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-14 AT 01:37?PM (MST)

I have a Otter box on my iphone . I never take it of it. Even when phone scoping. Phoneskope has a set up to use it with your Otter box. Only time I take it out of it is to clean it. I would still use a screen protector even with the otter box. Here is my iphone in a Otter box using a Phoneskope adapter.
6584iphone5.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom