Smokers- as in meat

gdog

Looking for a new smoker. I have one of those Big Chief smokers and it does ok for some things, but I want one that can get hotter and more control over temp.

Any suggestions on model/makes? I don't need a huge smoker, just one to make some sausage, jerky and smoke some fish and birds. How about the smokers with the wood biscuits that automatically dispense?

Thanks in advance!

The ones with the automatic biscuits are nice but spendy.
I have a Masterbuilt electric smoker I got for about $180 on sale that will do exactly what you are looking for. It looks like a small refrigerator as is insulated with a door clasp and a damper on top. It is digital so you can control the temp and the length of time you are smoking. Adding chips is also really easy and you don't even have to open the door to do it. I just got finished smoking some summer sausage, pepperoni and jerky. There are four nice removable racks in it for jerky and fish. I remove the racks and just hang dowels for the summer sausage and pepperoni.
I also purchase my casings and spice and cure mixes from www.spokanespice.com. They are reasonably priced and have mixes made up specifically for wild game.
Good luck.

Gotta go with a Bradley Smoker. It automatically dispenses the wood pucks and is very easy to walk away from once you get your temp set. I've smoked peanuts, pork shoulder, chicken, corn and a bunch of salmon with no complaints. It will set you back about $300 and a box of smoking wood pucks cost around $20 depending on where you buy them.

I don't mind spending the $300 if its a good unit. Figure it will pay for itself pretty quick.

Went to Cabelas to look and they had quiet a few.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom