Smokin'

maxxbob1

You wouldn't believe how smokey it is in Rio Rancho this evening from the fire in Arizona. Here's a view toward the mountains.

4488dscf1843.jpg

Yeah, I have been watching it from the NE heights. Red sun (when you could see it) and the smoke is really bad.

Just looked at an update and the Wallow fire is at 233+K acres with zero containment. Burning over the top of Escudilla Mountain near Alpine on the NM border. Sunrise and Greer got the evac order, Eagar-Springerville have gotten the pre-evac notice. The maps are showing my old elk hunting grounds around Big Lake have burned...again.

I just hope the POS that started it will be caught. They left a camp fire burning with their dogs tied up in camp....pooches didn't stand a chance. If there's a God, it was some city slicker that actually registered his dogs and they recovered the tags!

Apache-Sitgreaves has been closed since the weekend and the Coronado is closing tomorrow. WHEN will idiots learn? Or better yet, get out of our gene pool? My Dad spent 32 years in the TX Forest Service and I'm sure he's turning over in his grave.

I came into Alb to see LL playoffs and get away from smoke at my place. It is REAL bad in Quemado area. Catron SO has given pre-evac orders for Luna. This fire is very bad,and 0% contained.Might just burn right into NM.

Smoke is nasty bad last and today as well. Live over at eubank and paseo and could barely see down the block at one point. Pretty sad all the way around....

Jbone

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom