Snake Valley UT pronghorn success!

headbones

IMG_20230916_155116~2.jpg

Had some success out in the snake valley unit of western UT. Old buck, a bit beat up but nice first pronghorn for my brother. 15 inches.

Congrats on a great Utah goat! Love the old fighters with the scares and broke up horns to prove it!

I had the tag this year too and I also had the tag in 2019. I saw a lot fewer pronghorn this year then my hunt in 2019. The spots that held a few pronghorn in 2019 were basically empty this year. Maybe they were spread out due to the good range conditions and water...not sure. The other thing I noticed this year was that there were hunters every where, whereas in 2019 I didn't see a single hunter. I was anxious to get it done in UT as I had a WY Red Desert tag I wanted to get to ASAP. Here's the buck I shot on opening day in UT.

2023-09-16 13.14.39.jpg

Great speed goat for Western Utah. I'm definitely seeing fewer Lope in the usual spots, watering holes this year. Any Antelope buck shot in Utah this year is a great buck in my opinion (y)

I had the tag this year too and I also had the tag in 2019. I saw a lot fewer pronghorn this year then my hunt in 2019. The spots that held a few pronghorn in 2019 were basically empty this year. Maybe they were spread out due to the good range conditions and water...not sure. The other thing I noticed this year was that there were hunters every where, whereas in 2019 I didn't see a single hunter. I was anxious to get it done in UT as I had a WY Red Desert tag I wanted to get to ASAP. Here's the buck I shot on opening day in UT.

View attachment 120481
Good one, fun area to hunt. Luckier than some guys. Run into a couple guys headed home Sunday afternoon, didn't even see a antelope!

Im guessing you both hunted Snake Valley? I have been looking at hunting that unit, and was thinking of scouting now. If you wouldnt mind pointing me into a few areas to check I would appreciate it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom