SnipePod

krazy

I have been shopping around for a bi-pod for my 300WSM and came across the SnipePod online. I have never seen one, so I was wondering what the consensus is; are they sturdy? worth the money? quiet?
I like the ball-and-socket idea for increased range of motion. I also like that it is detachable; I think it will fit in the scabbard on the horse better, and seems pretty quick to re-attach the legs. Just about as quick as flipping the legs down on a Harris.

Anyway, let me know some reviews and opinions. Thanks!

It's a good product. Compared to the Harris, its lighter, not always attached to the gun, and can also be used to steady binos. But, it is not near as steady as a harris when its time to shoot.

Not sturdy enough for myself, I use a Harris, but my hunting buddy has one and won't use a Harris. Personal preference 100%.

I sold my Harris and bought this and will never look back. I also used it on a 300 WSM. I love that no matter what angle you are on, uphill, downhill, sidehill, ect... you can still get your crosshairs level. My harris was the kind that swivels side to side, however it always seemed that it wasn't enough and I would miss shots on foxes/coyote's because my scope was never really level. That problem is not an issue at all with the Snipe Pod. I feel that the Snipe Pod is just as steady as the harris. Just last week I killed a cow elk at 321 yds with one shot off of the snipe. I also really like that the snipe is detachable, I now enjoy not having that harris digging into my shoulder while I hike. This is a great product and I have not 1 negative thing to share about it.

}}-SLIVER-->

Thanks everyone for your input. I will have to try to find one that I can lay my hands on before I start forking out the dough, but your info and experience is valuable. Thanks again!

Ive been using the Snipe Pod for years. I'm on my second one, I lost my first one in some thick stuff a few years ago. I love mine I buy extra adapters and put one on all my rifles. Try some of your local sporting goods stores Ive seen them in a few different stores. I bought my last one at the Sportsmans Expo here in Salt Lake.

I got the snipepod this year and love it. Another plus is that the the pod detaches easily from the gun for placing the gun in a scabbard on a horse. It attaches again quickly and is very stable.

I have had one for about 5 years now and love it. The only thing I wish was diferent on it would be when you collapse it, it points back towards the trigger instead of forwards towards the barrel, kind of a pain if you want to hurry and sling it for a little bit. Other than that I love it. And feel it has been as steady as I have ever needed.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I just got one the other day on ebay. It was a bargain, so I had to get it to try them out. So far I am impressed with it. i love how steady it feels. Granted, I haven't shot with it yet, just mounted it and looked through the scope, but I felt completely steady.
I hope it works out in the field just the same. I may have to go blast a coyote just to try it out.

Thanks for your input everyone!

100% JUNK ! There are many better products on the market today. I got suckered into buying one, one of my worse all time investments.

Buncoboy, would you mind listing just a few of the many better products on the market today? I'm debating on what to buy right now and would love to hear your input.

NvrEnuf

I like mine. Lighter and more versatile than my harris and very quick/easy to take off and put back on if I need to. Tension adjustment is easy if you need it and height adjustment is a nice feature. Can't bad-mouth mine...

NvrEnuf, it looks as if buncoboy has forgoten which products he was thinking of. Ha Ha
Hope you had a good season. I'm sure I'll run into you sometime. Until then, have a good one.

}}-SLIVER-->

Has anyone tried them shooting prone at long distance? I'm very curious to see how they would be shooting prone!

I love mine, use it for backpack hunts, and is great prone, as well as sitting,

for long range shots in the mountains, the snipepod is great,

I shot this antelope from the prone position at over 500 yards using the SNIPEPOD. They are great, lightweight and sturdy.

I haven't kept count, but in the last 4 years or so I have killed over 10 animals with them. They definitely have helped my shooting abilities.

IMG_2807.jpg

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

i have one and a couple harris but the snipe pod is always the one that goes.lighter and works great.my longest shot was with the pod in a indian style sitting position at 620yds on a whitetail.never would have taken the shot if i couldnt have gotten rock steady.

I have been using them for about 8yrs now and I won't leave home without it. I have taken several deer with them or should say thanks to them. Definately worth the money, I own 2pr.

Slide

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom