Snow Conditions near Dove Creek/Cahone

BowHuntr

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can access San Juan National Forest above the Dolores River (Ormston Point Rd), near Cahone yet?

What were the snow conditions like around there this year?

Appreciate any info.

Thanks,

BowHuntr

snow still up high but I was there this last weekend and the snow is still in all the shadey places. Don't know how high you can go yet, Saw alot of dead ones in the fields and in the ditches from last winter.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-10 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]Hey Gator,

So were you able to get as far as Ferris Lake? When you say dead ones, you referring to deer?

Thanks for the reply.

Justin

We only traveled on the main Hwy from Blanding Ut to Cortez and then back but we saw dead elk and deer in the ditches and in the fields. Over on the UT side the green fields that you could see deer in morning and evening didn't have much in them, it looks like the winterkill will be high down in that area.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Family has lived in the area for some time now. I just got back from visiting the ranch and didnt see much for winter kill, minus a few lion/bear kill sites. Lots of snow up on the Glad still. I have never seen that much snow up there this late in the year.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom