Snowballs Chance in He##

m1fan

Very Active Member
Drawing both an elk and antelope tag in AZ has its problems. I really don't want to draw NM now but have applications in for deer, elk, and antelope.

Fortunately NM allows us to edit the application. I want to modify my application hedging my odds against drawing. Any recommendations that are long shots but if I do draw will make it worth possibly getting divorced or getting a 2nd on the house?

Modified:
Deer to 2B late
Elk to 16A, 16D
Pronghorn to 11 ML and 1-100

Never thought I would try to root against drawing but money does not grow on trees. Oh yeah, my son is on the applications as well so it is twice as expensive...

Those are some good choices, some/most will say the 2C late deer hunt is better than 2B. You can also withdraw your applications, you're out the app fees, that's all. No pref points so no big deal.

Thanks. I contemplated sticking the 2C in there but if I did draw it, it would conflict with the AZ hunt. I guess the bottom line is that if I do draw NM, I figured those modified choices would make the pain worth it.

Like JRABQ said withdrawing is not a bad option. It is better than putting the funds on the credit card and waiting for the rebate especially if your a non res.

I would focus your energies on the AZ hunts. I have made the mistake my self drawing out of state tags and not being able to give them the time they need to do them justice.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-10 AT 03:51AM (MST)[p]If you have to throw away a tag, not only are you losing the money, and points that cost you a lot (in AZ)...you are taking the tag away from someone else. Doing hunts half assed to fit in more would waste even more than that. Plus lots of draws left in lots of states..... If you are worried already, best to just withdraw. If you want and have time for another, cool, your plan is good.

That's why it's best to wait as long as possible to apply, or at least till whatever states may post do before the deadline...they will extend it if the computer has problems anyway:)

I agree with the other post. Take your name out of the hat,you could be taking someone else's tag.

Joe E Sikora

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom