Snowcock hunting question

Mbogo

Looks like my old login got nuked in the last clean up round so I will start over. Has anyone here hunted Snowcock in the Ruby Mountains? I did a search for past threads but didn't turn up much. I have heard that the terrain is brutal and the birds very wary and fast. Certainly don't expect anyone to offer up their prime place but a little help regarding suggested starting points and hunting techniques would be greatly appreciated!

Start in Lamoille, go high, and spot and stalk, seriously. Hunt them like you would a deer.

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

We've killed a bunch of em. Thats the hardest hunting you'll ever do for a bag of feathers. They live in country that would scare a mountain goat. They're the spookiest bird you'll ever hunt, they make a turkey look like he's on Prozac. If they think a scary thought they fly out of the country. Like Shadow we spot and stalk them. It's best to try and shoot em on the ground before they jump because they'll fall a long ways and look like Wiley Coyote when they hit bottom. Give me a call and I can tell you where to go if your determined to give em a try.
Wes
801-550-4973

An old friend of mine hunted them in the Rubies 10 or so years ago. The only thing I can remember other than the fact that the birds were at the top is that he had to get permission or pay to travel through res land.
Norkal

Same guy nimrods talking about went 2 times. Way he got his male was after he spooked them the first day, he watched where they flew. Next day, his partner went to the birds and he went to where they flew the day before. When they got jumped, they repeated the day before and he was waiting.

Screw the reservation. They illegally closed off a public access trail head to the forest land and since their indians nobody will take them on and force them to reopen it. We've tried to negotiate with them in the past for access but their so dam arrogant I said screw it I'll ride around the mountain before I pay them anything. I think we should put up a gate and charge them to come off the rez. A good friend of mine payed them for access during the 2007 deer season. When he came out to his truck one of the indians had cut all ten of his valve stems on his truck and horse trailer. It cost him $600 to get towed out and all patched up. We know who did it but they'll never do anything about it.
Wes

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom