Snowmobile trailer/sled found

out4elk

Found a small sled that tows behind a snowmobile today in Sanpete county. It was sitting on the side of the road like somebody had left it. I am guessing it belongs to somebody who was lion hunting.

If you PM me with the location, description of sled and most importantly what was on the sled I will gladly get it back to you.

Check with Ryan Anderson in Gunnison or Randal Cox of Sterling. They will probly have a good idea whose it is. Or turn it into Sgt. Andy Lyon with the Sanpete Sheriffs Office. Usually if its not claimed you can keep it. But you can't unlawfully have posession of mislaid property. Good luck.

I think it was just the dog sled that tows behind a snowmobile Dean. Hopefully, it wasn't one that was deliberately left behind as the houndsman cut ahead on his snowmobile looking for tracks. I would imagine the hound dogger would be awful mad if he came back and thought someone had stolen his dog sled.

I have lost my dog sled off the back of my snowmobile trailer before when I didn't secure it properly......hopefully that is the case here. If so, I commend you for trying to reunite the dog sled with it's owner out4elk.

Got it now, I missed that one word...small! I've left my dogs and sled behind before to go check a bad trail. But that was always on private land. Hope you find the owner. Usually the warden has a pretty good idea who's hunting in an area, maybe check with him.

Colorado Lion Hunt:

Mineshaft Lion Hunt:
http://trophyroom.com/video/lls8ViwJcT

Sometimes they will leave the dogbox or sled near where they lost their dogs and then when the dogs come off the track, they will find the sled/box and stay close to it until they get picked up?
Hope you find the owner!

If I have to leave a dog out overnight, I leave a jacket or something that has my scent on it for the dog to find. I'd never left a sled box out overnight.......I'd be too afraid somebody might come along and steal it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom