Snowville Archery Antelope

buckmstr

My son has an archery buck tag for the Snowville area 803. He got it as an alternate. We scouted the area Saturday and only saw one buck that was not on private land. We are trying to get permission to hunt private that is not part of a cwmu. We could use any help from anyone that knows that area or can get us in contact with a landowner that might allow a kid to hunt archery. We were at the Rocky Mountain Huntin show last weekend and talked to a gentleman that hunted it a few years ago. He harvested a buck in this same unit. He told us to come talk to him before we left but we forgot. I can not remember his name but he is from Clearfield and is a Taxidermist. I believe he may also be in the construction business. He had a booth at the huntin show also. If anyone might know who he is it would be great information for us to use.
Thanks
Buckmstr

I don't know the area very well but my wife is from Burley and we drive through there all the time. Before you get to snowville there is a big pass and a lot of farm feilds on both sides of the freeway. There seem to be a lot of antelope lingering around there. I would get a map and see if you can locate some public land around those feilds. Last trip a few weeks ago I bet there were 40-50 in that area with a few decent bucks. I doubt this will help much but I thought I'd try.

Thanks MTQuivers

It is all private on boths sides of the road and appears to be all cwmu. There is BLM and State land behind them with access from Wildcat hills. All the goats are on private property. We will hunt hard and have fun trying but access to private would be nice. If anyone can help us out this would be great.

buckmstr

Hi buckmstr; I once drew an alternate Antelope tag in an unknown area (last choice) so I called the Post Office for the area. The Post Master knows everyone. He was kind enough to give me some names and addresses so I wrote each of them a letter; telling them who I was, where I lived and asking for permission to hunt Antelope. I thanked them for their time and apologized for any intrusion into their private lives. I included a self addressed, stamp envelope. About 80% of them answered. Some kindly declined, but most said yes. I made some good friends and still hunt their property today. I would avoid calling folks, even if you had their phone number. A letter worked just fine for me. Another source would be to call the local Game Warden. He usually knows who's a possibility and who's not. Hope this helps. Good hunting, grayghost

The gentleman you talked to might be Kevin Higley. He is a taxidermist from the Clearfield area and was at the show working in the Hunters Feeding the Hungry booth.

If that is who you talked to, let me know and I can get you in touch with him.

tuttut2001

That is the guy I talked to. It would be great if you could get me intouch with him. I have got permission on some private property but all other options are good to have as backup. Thanks so much for your help.

buckmstr

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom