So many sheep, so little time :)

BigFin

Have a friend who says that, whenever we see domestic sheep while hunting. But, this thread refers to bighorn sheep hunting.

I had never been on a bighorn hunt, and to this day, never have had the good fortune of drawing a tag myself. When two friends drew this year, and invited me to join on their hunts, it seemed like a no brainer.

First was Colorado:

4adbd1de0a789732.jpg

Second was Montana:
4adbd2340c3b16fa.jpg

4adbd25f0dc25274.jpg

Found this Montana ram, shot, and left to rot. Warden was called, and picked him up. The preliminary score was 199 6/8.
4adbd2c5119e39ea.jpg

Then, we found this one dead in the sage, and he is as big as the other one. Warden was called on this one, too. Waiting to hear a real score on him.
4adbd2ee12d04a33.jpg

I learned more about sheep in the last month, than I thought was possible. What I really learned, is how much fun it would be to have my own tag.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Congrats to the hunters on those two great rams. That sucks about finding those to tank rams shot and left. Lets here the story on all those rams and the scores, congrats again and thanx for sharing.

Congratulations on your hunts. It does get addicting.
What were the numbers on that Montana ram your buddy killed?
Bryan

That Rocky has some Marco Polo in his DNA! great rams, impressive dead heads also, too bad about those. I hope they can find the poachers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom