So..What killed 100 elk in NM...?

nickman

Long Time Member
Someone smarter than me will have to post up the link from Las Vegas, New Mexico.....apparently, some unknown thing caused the death of a HUGE herd of elk in New Mexico.

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

Did StinkBugs Slugs miss what He was shootin at & land in another Herd of Elk?

RAZZIN Ya StinkBug!:D:D:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Its gotta be Hydrogen Sulfide gas (H2S). Its odd that they were all in a small area and I don't think it was disease. Looks to me like they dropped dead instantly. Must be some gas wells around. I think it can occur naturally too. Pretty weird.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

It looks like they are thinking it is EHD - epizootic hemorrhagic disease.

Here is a good report with a video of a lot of the carcasses.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/08/new...of-100-elk-in-northeastern-n-m/#axzz2dZMGhspB

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I just got back into town from antelope season and I was on the ranch that neighbored where this happened. As you can imagine everyone was talking about it. By chance one of my friends was there and he is one of the EHD authorities in the world. It was his opinion from the information given to us that it was not EHD. Both he and the cowboys on the ranch knew of a highly toxic fungus that would grow in the area under proper rain conditions that they were speculating about.

They did not agree with my outlook but when I have seen a mass death of animals like this it has always been a purposeful poisoning.

Two things come to mind.

One, the CSI Miami Team, would have solved this mystery by now, even on a Holiday weekend.

Two, no chance that this could be sent to Washington DC ......where we could REALLY use a die off?

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

Man this sure looks likes a kill zone for them sleak Canadian Ninja's they introduced to my neck of the woods. Bastards just took out 176 sheep in about 20 minutes last week here in Idaho!

EDH would kill them, But you would think they would be spread out for long ways and not just in a small area like they are.
Poison causing folic seem like a better answer.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

What about lightning? I have a friend who told me once a story of his uncle losing over 100 head of sheep to a lightning strike while they were spread out feeding in a meadow.

Given this is monsoon season and it's been a very active year, I'd say lightening too..... I've seen that many cattle wiped out by lightening before...... Terry

>I just got back into town
>from antelope season and I
>was on the ranch that
>neighbored where this happened. As
>you can imagine everyone was
>talking about it. By
>chance one of my friends
>was there and he is
>one of the EHD authorities
>in the world. It
>was his opinion from the
>information given to us that
>it was not EHD.
>Both he and the cowboys
>on the ranch knew of
>a highly toxic fungus that
>would grow in the area
>under proper rain conditions that
>they were speculating about.
>
>They did not agree with my
>outlook but when I have
>seen a mass death of
>animals like this it has
>always been a purposeful poisoning.
>

They did not agree with your outlook? That's weird.

Gator-+1 on the EHD not killing them all in a bunch. That is usually more spread out. We had a bunch of elk here in Wyoming die from eating a lichen that is prevalent in a very localized area during winter several years ago. It was in a place that they usually do not occupy in winter. Lots of conspiracy theories floated around at the time, but that was the conclusion that G&F forensics came up with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom