So will orion be right....

DW

Long Time Member
......will there be gold posted tomorrow? I'm lookin for only one species. Plan to get a buddy an elk tag over the next 8wks, I'll pick up the other three tags for myself in time. Ain't the new system grand?!? If you ain't first, you're last! It's the fastest who gets paid....Got a feelin a bunch of you manage a waffle house! Covered and smothered Brutus!??? After you call CPW, of course!

Last edited:
We will supposedly know today DW. It says preview list will hit today for tags tomorrow. I'm more curious how long CPW's queue will hold since reissue tags don't go on sale until 11:00

You guys are funny i'll delete it, but it shouldn't surprise you read the fine print on the re-issue process it says as close to 11 as the system will allow. That means tags will hit before and after 11. Copy and pasted from the site:

Wednesdays, all hunt codes that were on the preview list, will be released as close to 11 am MT as the system will allow and will be added to the Leftover List.

You guys are funny i'll delete it, but it shouldn't surprise you read the fine print on the re-issue process it says as close to 11 as the system will allow. That means tags will hit before and after 11. Copy and pasted from the site:

Wednesdays, all hunt codes that were on the preview list, will be released as close to 11 am MT as the system will allow and will be added to the Leftover List.
Not everyone is as smart as you to read that, some people had no idea until they read it on your post ?

Still doesn't guarantee them a tag. It is a nice feature to have time to check out once you grab a tag. Alleviates alot of the stress. Too bad it will change again next year when a bunch of you complain about fairness.

I was able to get a decent deer tag this morning after going 0-4 in the first draw and not messing with the second draw.

693471C4-ECD9-487B-9ADC-2C0DBD1D714F.jpeg

So they tell you not to go beyond the residency page until the tags are available…… That if you click too soon it knocks you out of the queue. But now the tags MAY be available before the top of the hour. LOL.

I must be a dummy
I saw when they left the preview list but never saw them on the leftover list.
I refreshed every time I should have.

I don't have multiple screens, I may call tomorrow and complain. Brutus, shoot me that hotline number on the down low in the DM's!

I tried a few minutes early and several times thru 11:00 and after. No hits. It’s crazy in our computer age they can’t launch the process exactly on time.

I tried a few minutes early and several times thru 11:00 and after. No hits. It’s crazy in our computer age they can’t launch the process exactly on time.
launching exactly on time is what causes the servers to overload? just a thought.

If everyone launched exactly at the exact same micro second I could see that but I understood that folks were placed into a queue based on their submission in or after 11:00. The computer probably process all these submissions in order against the list in a matter of seconds.
Of course if you know they will process applications earlier and the list is released earlier then you jump the line.

it really shouldn’t be that difficult to program, in this day and age.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom