SOLD

BearCat

Done finally pulled the trigger and sold most of collection of the last couple of years. It was like loosing a kid, but at least I have more room. I kept all the big, memory filled, or unique ones.

So I took some pictures of the piles after I pulled them from the basement. Thought some of you might like to guess the weight.

I guess it is time to start a new pile. I have regrets, but I still have all the memories with my Dad, Brandon, Hunter, Ernesto, Darrel, Fred, Jon, Scott, Larry, Clint, Jeff and a few others--thanks guys we have had some GREAT times!!

BearCat

5951dsc01272.jpg

110dsc01274.jpg

Man, thats a crapload of bone. I wouldn't have a clue but would guess over 4,000 lbs. How many 80 inch horns did you sell? What was the biggest?

Yelum

nice dude that is a ton of antler ill bet it was hard letting them go! i am sure we will be on some trips with ya in the future and you will build up another big pile just like it. so i would guess about 1300 pounds

by the way, you gave me a bunch of crap about picking up chalk on one of our trips! well i think i see a bunch of chalk on your trailer!!!!!!!

Shedhead you are right!! I look forward to adding you guys to the list of friends to hunt with---but that means going together to those good spots!!!

Yeah but the chaulk you were picking up was more like dust. I let the boy pick up everything!!!

Bearcat

WOW!!! Dean that is a lot of bone. I bet that was hard to let go of, but like you said, the memories are the best part, and I am lucky to have been on a few trips with you. You are a fun guy to hang out with, even if you do like to sleep in motel bath tubs LOL. My guess on weight is 1,450.

Yeah sometime you have to lock yourself in the bathroom when someone snores like a freaking freight train!!!!!

Next time I going to shove a couple of socks in your nose!!!

Great times for sure!!!

D

Come on YELUM!

They'd only weigh 4,000 lbs if you were selling them!:D

I'm gonna guess 1150 lbs!

Bet YELUM ain't selling his!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

i think you all are a little high. i think it will be closer to 900. lots of really nice horns in there it looks like. i'm planning on selling my stash this year to. should be close to 1000 pounds in deer and 1000 pounds in elk. almost all elk is fresh thou so it should be some good cash. hopefully prices go up by the end of the summer. need college tuition:) so my guess is 900 pounds.
sheds
deer-200
sets-16.5
elk-29
sets-7.5

724lbs... I saw a truck on hauling a bunch of bone from CO today... made me wanna hit the hills harder before all the grass covers up the good stuff :) I hope I never have to sell!

825 lbs
Bearcat thats a lot of bone,How much did it pay ya.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-11 AT 12:48PM (MST)[p]Ok Ok Larry!!

So this is about 4 years of sheds that I can say I had the privilege to hunt with some very great guys that I hope all had as much fun as I did.

I will say that I was treated VERY fair by Steve Curtis and would highly recommend him to anyone. He made a hard experience fun for me?for the most part.

It turned out that there was just under 800lbs (792 lbs) of horns sold. I ended up keeping a few off the trailer that would have pushed it to the 800lb mark.

As you can see, I only had about 25 elk horns and nothing even close to being big. If I do not count the 125-2pts or the 60-chaulk pile , there was just at 1,000 deer horns in the pile.

I ended up keeping the larger ones, unique ones and even the some small ones that had special memories attached.

Like most of you, I never ever intended on selling them ever, but not sure keeping them piled in the basement had much meaning either. It was never about the money, and I can say that all the memories made over the last 10+ years of hunting was worth it. My son Hunter started when he was 5 years old and this year he turned 15 and his Grandpa went with me on our first trip and he is 69!

BearCat

Having had the pleasure of hunting with you, I can attest that its not for the money, but the experience and thrill of the spot. Some good times enjoyed. Counting the the sheds you've given to me and others, you have cleaned up a lot of sage flats. lol cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Yelum

If that is the kind of bone that you pick up in a couple of years? I am just wondering if I can go shed hunting with you Master!! I would be your water boy. Wax on wax off!!! Ha ha great looking pile of bone for sure...

Yelum it has always been a pleasure to hunt with you and many others!! I wished people could hunt them for the memories they create vs. the money they represent. Once the money is gone, you have nothing else! If people did this, then maybe we would not have all the issues and cheating that happens--but oh well.

I have left more than I have found I am sure of that, but as you know not one single horn was found riding an ATV through the sage. I have given quite a few away, but I have recieved a couple as well so I think it all works out and if no... I still have the memories.

BearCat

FlyFishingGak

Oh you flatter me!! I wished I was the master. There are many that have MUCH bigger sets than I do. But like I said I do not buy them, I do not hunt illegally and I play by the rules. That does not always yield the biggest that is for dang sure.

But oh I do enjoy finding horns, but not worth loosing a friend over that is for sure!!! I am always looking for new friends to create a few memories that is for sure!!!

BearCat

It seems that i have been doing a lot more shed hunting this year then fly fishing since all the damn rivers are HUGE this year. I am always up for hitting the river. Anytime you need someone to pick in for gas and food and an extra shed hauler I am in. If needs be you can evan blind fold me as you get to your secret shed spot!! If the rivers ever reseed then let's flip a fly.

4383photo.jpg

so where are you gonna hide your gps when he blind folds ya? lol bearcat it has been fun getting to know ya this season and sure we will have some more trips together. we might even take ya to the honey hole...

No GPS and I got a horrible sense of direction. I sometimes get lost in my own back yard ha ha.. But I fetch horn like a pro and don't smell all that bad either ha ha. All kidding aside that is a HUGE pile of bone on that trailer great job finding it all.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom