Solid Broadhead Company

I

Idabow

Does anyone use their broadheads? I believe they just came out this year. They are made here in Boise. I looked them up earlier this year, but I couldn't find any reviews about them and couldn't talk myself into taking the chance.

I won a package of these at the Extreme Elk Hunting Event on Saturday. I went out and shot them yesterday, they flew very well for me. I shot out to 70 yards with them. The were all that I could have hoped for. I typically shoot Muzzy 3 blade 100 grns,they shoot with my field points and these new heads did as well.

7490img_0755.jpg

8008img_0761.jpg

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

These are 100 grains. He also makes 125s.

@$75 per three pack they better fly like field points. They look sweet but too rich for me.

Traditional >>>------->

They are a little more than I'm used to. I looked into these earlier this year, but the price kinda kept me away. The muzzys I shoot are pretty cheap, and I've never had any problems with them, so it wasn't a hard decision to keep the ones I had.

So far, very impressed. I will have to see how they perform on animals, but they pass the accuracy test. The website says they are all spin-tested before they leave; I spun them on the tester at the shop and I didn't notice even the slightest wobble.

I hope to put one through a deer or an elk in a few weeks, hopefully I will have more to post later.

Have you tried sharpening them? DId they hold a good edge after shooting them?

Traditional >>>------->

I only shot them into foam a few times each, so they are still pretty sharp. I am literally the worst sharpener in the world, this is part of the reason I stay away from broadheads that don't have replacable blades. I haven't tried to sharpen them yet, as the slight curve makes me nervous.

Any tips for sharpening? I plan on sharpening them before I hunt, but I just haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet.

I can't wait to try them out. If they fly true, they will be replacing my tried and true slick tricks this year.

Idabow, no tinkering with your site was needed?

How sharp were they out of the package?

Nick,

They were very sharp out of the package, and even after shooting in to my target several times they are still very sharp, though I will touch them up before hunting with them.

I normally shoot the Muzzy 100s and I got my bow tuned so they shoot with my field points. I screwed these on and I've shot them from 20 out to 80 yards and they shoot right on. No adjustment needed. I've only shot a couple from 108 yards, and they shoot a little low at that distance.

I've been impressed with them so far. I don't see any problems arising on account of durability. They just feel solid, I know it sounds cliche, but they do. Sharpness and accuaracy are great, I think they will do a great job on anything I can find.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom