Solo Bull Hunt

go4steelhd

Here is the bull I was able to harvest this fall.

I was able to locate serval nice bulls over my 10 days of hunting. When I seen this guy it was all over. I seen him from across the canyon from a few miles away, then was able to stalk into just over 300 yards to take the shot.

I'm always thankful for every day we get in the field
IMG_3039.jpg
IMG_3041.jpg
IMG_3043.jpg
IMG_2988.jpg

Those things are a handful when you have help, I am sure you were tired when you got him all back to the truck.

Mark

Congrats on a great bull. And well done on the solo aspect. I do a lot of stuff by myself. I never have to worry about somebody telling my story or sharing something like locations I'd like to keep to myself.

Congrats on a great bull. And well done on the solo aspect. I do a lot of stuff by myself. I never have to worry about somebody telling my story or sharing something like locations I'd like to keep to myself.
I generally hunt by myself. For the reasons you listed. My wife hunts, and my son is old enough to hunt next year. I am looking forward to that experience with him.

Congratulations!!!
Thanks for sharing.
I see you are packing two kinds of bear medication in your pic. Did you have any issues getting him packed out solo without any furry company?

Congratulations!!!
Thanks for sharing.
I see you are packing two kinds of bear medication in your pic. Did you have any issues getting him packed out solo without any furry company?
I had lots of bear issues during the hunt, but none while packing out the meat.

Any close or pucker factor encounters to share?
I didn’t have anything serious like getting mauled or ran up a tree.
With the number of encounters I had, I’m surprised that more people don’t get attacked. I was just packing a 44 at first, it holds 6 rounds. Then when I seen a group of 4 bears together, I added the bear spear to the holster.it really makes you think if you should be in there or if it’s worth it. The bear population is out of control in that area.

I had lots of bear issues during the hunt, but none while packing out the meat.
That is great to hear that everything turned out good for you. I have been on a few hunts in four different units in the NW corner - some solo and some with my sons. It can certainly get interesting and keeps you on your toes, especially when you are breaking down an elk or packing meat without a wingman!!!!!

Yes I agree - some days you do wonder if if you have any business running solo with that many bears. But we keep going back for the beauty and adventure of the hunt. I'm hoping to draw an elk tag for a fifth unit up in that corner this fall.

Congrats again on a great bull

That is great to hear that everything turned out good for you. I have been on a few hunts in four different units in the NW corner - some solo and some with my sons. It can certainly get interesting and keeps you on your toes, especially when you are breaking down an elk or packing meat without a wingman!!!!!

Yes I agree - some days you do wonder if if you have any business running solo with that many bears. But we keep going back for the beauty and adventure of the hunt. I'm hoping to draw an elk tag for a fifth unit up in that corner this fall.

Congrats again on a great bull
I went solo, but I would tell people to have a buddy or two, I feel it would greatly increase your chances of seeing the bear first.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom