Solo Elk Adventure to Remember

Kain467

I have been hunting elk every year with my brother since 2017. We generally have done party applications on archery tags and have gotten pretty lucky including drawing NM twice. We have also been marginally successful. Between my older brother and myself, we have killed 7 bulls since we started. Definitely should have had many more, but still not terrible for a couple guys from IA and KS.

This year was a little different. We swung and missed in the draws. The only exception being that I had a small stash of CO points, but my brother did not. I decided I should probably just plan to burn them on a hunt and see if anyone wanted to tag along. That is what I did, but I couldn’t find any takers for a hunting partner. I only asked a few people, and ultimately knew I would likely be going alone.

Fast forward to October and I headed out on my first solo hunting trip. I was slightly anxious, but overall pretty comfortable. I’ve now spent enough time in the mountains that I feel pretty comfortable out there.

My grand plan was to arrive 4 days early in order to acclimate and scout. The ultimate goal was to find a bull and get him killed on day 1. I set that goal with the presumption that the hunt would only get more difficult as shots rang out and the days drug on.

Hey Hossy?

You're Getting To Be A CRANKY F'ER!

Is QUACKER Hunting Really That Bad?

It's Only About 10 Months Till Big Game Season Starts Again!

I thought the story had it all, I can't believe you think otherwise. For sure writeup of the year in MM

"We have also been marginally successful. Between my older brother and myself, we have killed 7 bulls"

Nothing marginal about that number my friend.! You guys are straight elk assassins.! Hope we get more from this story...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom