Some California hogs!

HogWild

Here's some hogs I've taken over the years. My 2 boys took their hogs this year, it's was the first big game animal

Hope you enjoy!

155130.jpg

155129.jpg

And here's my biggest hog to date. About 350# on the hoof!

155136.jpg

Quit teasing me! I've got to get after some of those dudes! That one on bottom looks like a bruiser!!!

S.

:)

Congratulations to you AND your boys on some FINE hogs! How many freezers did you have to buy for all that good eatin?

While we're at it on hogs, I thought I'd add a post with a couple more pics of some Calif. critters. These are a few of the hogs I've taken the past 2 years on a friends ranch near Paso Robles (with the exception of the last photo, taken by my hunting partner 15 years ago on a guided hunt just south of King City). Wish I would've gotten a pic of one that had the same coloration of a pinto pony (white with black and tan patches), but I didn't...Anyway, enjoy.....

Luckiest shot of my life; these two hogs were taken with one 165 gr. Nosler partion, 30-06 (one head, one lung shot);
597Twoferone.jpg

4 hog morning (4 out of 5 shots);
5974_Hog_day_7-26-03-med.jpg

First roan hog;
597dsc00183-med.jpg

Cool lookin silverback;
597silverback_boar_4.jpg

First boar taken with a pistol (.357 mag); 240 lb, 2 1/4" tusks;
5974-23-02_boar.jpg

And Mr. Big..........
597520_lb_Boar_1994_King_City_Calif.jpg

That last pic looks familure, did he take that hog with Don Ingalls? Thought I seen it on his website a few years ago, that's a great looking hog!

H.W

Holy @^#*#, look at that beast!

Looks like you guys really know where to get into them!

Good show!

S.

:)

Hogwild..........BINGO! Yep, that's some of Dandy Don's (well, his dogs, really) handiwork. Didn't know he had a website (what's it called?) and haven't seen him since we hunted with him. The pic here I had to scan off an old photo, so it likely doesn't give this hog his "just dos". It was a dandy, though, and stunk to high heaven.....

LAST EDITED ON May-18-04 AT 01:20AM (MST)[p]Freedivr,
I don't think he has the site anymore, or even if he's still in business. The big hog I took at the bottom was shot at a ranch that bordered Dons. I hunted with Tom Willoughby.

I think Dons site was something like huntboars.com or something like that. But like I said, I don't think it's up anymore.

H.W.

Thanks for trying, Hogwild. Interesting....the only other guide I ever used for hogs was Tom Willoughby. He don't talk much (totally opposite personality of Don Ingalls), but he sure works for the hogs and gets great results. Another top notch guide (according to SDHNTR at JHO, BIGPIG here at MM) is Mustang Guide Service (I believe out of King city, the owner's name is Frank). Bigpig has nothing but great things to say about Frank and his service. If I ever needed to use a guide service again I'd surely sign up with either of those guys in a second.

Yup Frank's the man in my book but I have also heard good things about Tom Willoughby. These two guys actually send clients back and forth between eachother if they eare ever too busy. I'll be up there this weekend and will post a report when I return.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom