Some decent rams and a nipper

greatwestern

Very Active Member
Finally got that damn hard drive cleared out, and happened across a few photos from last season that happen to be slightly better quality than my typical crap images :)

7431img_4446.jpg

7591img_4466.jpg

4269img_4469.jpg

8561img_4485.jpg

9278img_4492.jpg

4525img_4484.jpg

5669img_4523.jpg

6856img_4542.jpg

Enjoy!

If that doesn't get a guys blood pumping then he's dead already!
Thanks GW. Sweet stuff right there.
Zeke

Nah Robb buddy, same crap camera I always use...just not 18 miles away getting blasted by gale force winds this time no! :)

These were all taken during stalks with our archery hunter from a few hundred yards. We actually had the ancient fellow with the long right horn in range for about a minute (he'd peeled off by himself), but our guy was really struggling with the altitude and was too cold and stiff to pull the dang bow back. Not long after the pics were taken, we got hammered by a pretty good soaker, and the poor dude just couldn't stop shivering at crunch time. We got some food into him, and he seemed to be doing better, so we put a stalk on the big massive dude (bedded alone in the pic). We shot from 37 yards, but our hunter was still shaking and punched that trigger like George Foreman for a wild, but clean miss. That entire group of rams had had about enough of us by then, and vacated the unit (we were hunting right up against the boundary).

We ended up killing a bit smaller ram a few days later in a different area after a few more good adventures with the high country beasts...he wasn't the biggest in the area, but never look a gift ram in the horns! :)

And hell, he still won our jolly good hunter a bronze medal at Reno

GW, I am glad you bought new camera very nice pics.

Those are some nice Rams, but they will probably be dead by the time I draw a tag and damnit If I can remember to apply for that unit. :)

That nipper is looking like he may live long enough for some of us to hunt one day, Ya, that is what I look at for potential, lamb recruitment.

One of these days brother, one of these days ;)

Lamb recruitment in our backyard units was excellent this year, love seeing all those nippers and their looney antics :)

Glad y'all are enjoyin the pics!

Cheers'

Adam

I've been a bit out of touch so just got around to looking at your post. Love those pics GW.
Those scenes and mountain air are a perfect mix of pure enjoyment!
Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom