some "NICE" bulls

STOMPER

So you drew the gila???? Below are bulls from 13, 15, 12, and undisclosed locations near grants.

unit 13 first muzzy 341 DIY
7791nm341bull.jpg

unit 12 rifle 368 DIY
3846nm368bull.jpg

heres one I passed last year in NM. left side I figured to be around 450 and right side around 300. had him at about 20 yards.
this bull is the one exception. left side is a monster
7256nm460.jpg

heres the bull I shot last year. scored 371 broke and 388 with tine glued back on that got broke off (don't ask its a long story and ends with "legends of the fall" tv prick).
5248nm389bull.jpg

heres the 388 guided Utah bull I killed in 2008
3092utah387bull.jpg

356 guided bull killed near gallup nm
4059006.jpg

another gila bull that got away
46581196.jpg

16e youth rifle bull guided last year, 309"
2171602.jpg

The youth bull was killed 30 minutes into the hunt. there were several larger bulls in the area but that was the bull he wanted.

I have lots more unit 15 bulls but I have to go digging for pics as those were the years before digital cameras.

I want to see unit 15 bulls! haha Thanks for sharing the pics, those are some great bulls. Great offer you made for that 34 hunt btw, kudos.

Nice bulls to bad that big ol wacky rack didn't match but DIY are trophies in my own opinion but $$$ talks in hunting now days maybe some day I can afford a hunt on the Mescalero or the San Carlos in AZ to get my bought bull

I will be the first to tell you that bought bulls are just as exciting. I got tired of never drawing out and started buying landowner tags. Then when I had some money I started buying better tags. That 388 I killed this year was my hardest hunt yet and it was guided. We were putting down about 12 miles a day and didn't connect until the 23rd day of my hunt. Yes it was a rez hunt but gawd are they fun. No pressure and plenty of time. Only problem with the rez I hunt is that there are hardly any elk. Takes lots of work to find em but when you do they sure do get your blood pumpin.

I guide strictly for excitement and the thrill of the hunt and to see the smiles on people's faces but now days its not just man vs animal it's man vs man vs animal I believe. Some day ill get a landowner tag and get the non pressured bulls that come charging in but I feel more accomplished on public. In 34 it's probably man vs man vs man I don't know how many times I've heard a bugle and turned to my hunters and asked if they wanna have some fun. I've gotten pretty good at calling some 200 pound guys into bow range I kinda wish they would cut the tags there in half so it can get back to a prime time big bull unit. Nice bulls though I'm rackin up points in AZ and Utah for more chances at a "giant"

Wow man...Some awesome bulls for sure. Guided/Unguided public or private my hats off to you. If you can "pay to play" more power to you. My cup of tea? mmmmmm not really. But congrats on some tremendous Bulls never the less. Elk are elk no matter where and who helps point them out to you. If I could afford a Yellowstone tag with a guide that lived in the Old Faithful visitor center year round I would pay it!!!

Damn nice collection of bulls there stinky! But you really need to quit shooting these dinks if your ever going to have a serious chance at 400"! Lol good luck this year!

I just call em as I see em!

Very nice bulls Stomper! I have a feeling you'll be in the 400 club.You know what to look for, that's for sure!

Im not sure if i will ever make the 400 club. Its not about score for me its about the excitement of seeing a giant rack work its way through the trees. I still get buck fever every time i see a bull in the 380 range and thats what i hunt for is the adrenaline rush. 340 n 350 bulls i can now pass but its take over 20 bulls down before i got to that point. I just hope i never loose that passion for hunting. Makes those long days at work bearable

Stomp,
Those are some great looking Bulls! I bought a Unit Wide Tag, and have a Guide this year. I see nothing wrong with it myself. However, this is my first Elk Hunt, first hunt in NM and Next year will probably be without a Guide. Great Bulls though and love the 450/310 Bull. Would have been nice to have matching sides and seen him on your wall. Do you know if he was harvested last year? If not it would be interesting to see what he looks like this year!

Hoyt Carbon Element G3 Bone Collector
Staff Shooter - Bernies Control Freak Stabilizers

STOMPER dude look how small you where 4 years ago holy cow!!! you got fat quick lmao!!

Didn't draw
so I'm looking into a LO tag or maybe the Rez tag down your way.
got any infor that you want to pass on to me.
You have some great looking bulls.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Gator, if u buy a mescalero tag u have to apply through the draw and its fast approaching. However if u wNt any tag i would try and find a 16d rifle tag. Thats nm best unit period. I would take u with me on the 15 muzzy late hunt but i already have a buddy im taking and hes got no problems with me having first shot at that 380 5x5 or the six by six if they show back up. Next year you can a company me to unit 15 if u like though.

sounds good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom